Folding Caravans

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bunk Pic

i-GXRpxHp-X3-1.jpg

I did get the castors with it tho, recon its gonna take some extra sessions down the gym tho :shock:

i-8xd3KRh-X3.jpg

creationblue said:
I did get the castors with it tho, recon its gonna take some extra sessions down the gym tho :shock:

i-8xd3KRh-X3.jpg

Out of interest, which side do the castors go on? I was having a good luck underneath mine on Sunday while I waited for recovery and there are two rectangular box sections on the side opposite the hinges - is this where they go? I saw on the French owner club site designs for ones to go on the other side...

I also realised that the two-hitch could be folded back, as in the pics - just undo a couple of bolts when on its side and fold it in...

Has yours got the hatch in the kitchen area, by the way, so you can load/unload without opening it all up?

J

Not seen a hatch to load/unload, is this on the Export only then? Would be handy to have that's for sure

Been contemplating one of these for about a year now... and have just bought 2 :shock: (both were local)

Will get decide which one to keep once I get them up :msn4:

Bwuttonmoon said:
Been contemplating one of these for about a year now... and have just bought 2 :shock: (both were local)

8) Looks like we have a cult following :lol:

creationblue said:
Bwuttonmoon said:

I'm lurking around the rapido scene :D - after seeing the price difference between a Rapido and Eriba I'm keen to get in their early 8)

lard said:
creationblue said:
Bwuttonmoon said:

I'm lurking around the rapido scene :D - after seeing the price difference between a Rapido and Eriba I'm keen to get in their early 8)

I also looked at the Puk but prices seem steep for an old caravan....a bit like vw bus prices :lol:

I put mine up today and yes I did put the awning up inside out :lol:

This is the smallest version dated 1977.

Me and my brother managed to get it on its side on the castors, through the side gate into back garden to have a faf.

P1080458.jpg

P1080457.jpg

P1080459.jpg

P1080464.jpg

P1080460.jpg

P1080461.jpg

P1080462.jpg

P1080463.jpg

That's identicle to mine except I had a stainless sink & cooker & my awning was more brown & orange with fly screens to the sides mine was one of the last Conforts(1980) without the matic.
Last time I used it was in the 20001 season my kids were getting far too large, besides the beds are too short for me just
couldn't stretch out. :lol:
Watchout for condensation forming on the vinyl roof lining it's murder this time of year used to drip on my head in the early hours of the morning when there was four of us in there. :(

Nice Confort Spence, im liking the wooden curtain poles, mine are cotton, mine has a stainless sink and hob without the funking curtain covering the bottom, mine is ply that make a cupboard underneath, I also have an alloy strip above the windon to the right of the sink, and have a shelf that i assume fits there :?: Ive not worked out the pont of the metal handle things on the side wall where they meet the front & back panels, maybe something to do with the panels opening?? Has the bracket pulled off the ceiling as the strap is hanging? I need to get one for mine, its called a folding pad eye........And i havnt worked out the bunk yet, maybe i have a pole missing, i will investigate when i use it this weekend.

Nice awning too, I have the skirt, and im just off to get the main canvas out the car to have a good look at it, there are vairious other canvas strips with zips, so I can see that its going to be a bit like a jigsaw working that one out :lol:

Just

Well the awning was folded up and brown, on closer look its a fair bit orangy with curtains identical to your curtains by the looks of things, i likey 8) Looks like it hasnt seen much use either

001-27.jpg

Just found the bits of tail light that were smashed in an envelope wrapped up in the middle :D

creationblue said:
Nice Confort Spence, im liking the wooden curtain poles, mine are cotton, mine has a stainless sink and hob without the funking curtain covering the bottom, mine is ply that make a cupboard underneath, I also have an alloy strip above the windon to the right of the sink, and have a shelf that i assume fits there :?: Ive not worked out the pont of the metal handle things on the side wall where they meet the front & back panels, maybe something to do with the panels opening?? Has the bracket pulled off the ceiling as the strap is hanging? I need to get one for mine, its called a folding pad eye........And i havnt worked out the bunk yet, maybe i have a pole missing, i will investigate when i use it this weekend.

Nice awning too, I have the skirt, and im just off to get the main canvas out the car to have a good look at it, there are vairious other canvas strips with zips, so I can see that its going to be a bit like a jigsaw working that one out :lol:

Just

I dont have a shelf over the window but I do have 3 shelves with string and hooks? I havent worked out where they go yet. I'm not sure what you mean by the metal handles on the wall, I dont think I have them.
Yes one of the strap metal brackets is missing, do you know where to get them from?

Any idea what the small box is for on the floor, right side of the front door?

Oh and I prefer your awning colours to mine.... I love garish 70s flower power :D

I'm now off work for a week so gonna have a real good faf with it.

I can't find the exact same eye pads but can get some that will do the job I'll get you one when I get mine and let you know. As for the box by the door, there is one the otherside too n it supports the structure when folded also there is a bungee in there that exits door side with a hook on that you are supposed to attach to the roof when it's flat to stop it opening when you close the lid up.

The alloy side piece on the front panel was bowed forward on mine right on the hole where the button clicks in, just been out and bent it back using a 13mm socket and my weight 8) sorted now.

I'm making a hook up lead for mine for when I use it this weekend so I'll have an idea what the electrical switched do lol

Latest posts