Folding Caravans

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember driving my Granda's 1600 sp and it managed to pull it's self along, but I wouldn't have put a caravan on the back of it!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Our latebay was a 2.0 twin carb & it towed the rapido plus 5 people, 2 dogs, & all the camping crap and still managed 75mph :shock: :shock:

Let's hope my next roadtrain is as powerful!!??? :D

Lee C said:
I remember driving my Granda's 1600 sp and it managed to pull it's self along, but I wouldn't have put a caravan on the back of it!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Our latebay was a 2.0 twin carb & it towed the rapido plus 5 people, 2 dogs, & all the camping crap and still managed 75mph :shock: :shock:

Let's hope my next roadtrain is as powerful!!??? :D

Well funnily enough my 2.0L late was complete shite in comparism to my 1600SP, just goes to show i guess......

These are great to look at and magical in their ingeniousness, but I wouldn't want one.

After over 6 years of owning a Rapido Confort which I did enjoy my wife developed the condition commonly know as Claustrophobia so we headed up to Camperlands in Norden Manchester to buy a brand new Camp-let Apollo-Lux which wasn't cheap
& 6 years on she still loves it & so do I, the beds are massive over 2 meters in length which is good for me & real comfy. :D

DSCN1136.jpg

DSCN1135.jpg

I know it's not a folding caravan it's not really a folding camper it's just a Dog's wotsit Trailer tent with no frame building
that goes up in a few mins. :mrgreen:

Folding tents are welcome here too 8) I nearly bought one of those before the Chateau, a dealer in bath had an older one in part-ex, he never returned my calls at the time.............great how they 'pop' up and are ready in seconds!

ive had a few dandy campers there ace for towing and puttin away wet.. 8)

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=dandy+camper&hl=en&client=safari&rls=en&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=oFtGUKi1H6St0QXWy4DwDQ&ved=0CDEQsAQ&biw=1440&bih=802" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

creationblue said:
Folding tents are welcome here too 8) I nearly bought one of those before the Chateau, a dealer in bath had an older one in part-ex, he never returned my calls at the time.............great how they 'pop' up and are ready in seconds!

It's the only time I bought new always had secondhand plus I travelled 200 miles to get it a bit like my Bus.
I did look at a secondhand one near Frome but it was 20 years old but still good, that made my mind up to get a new one,
they gave me a good trade in on my old Trigano Trailer Tent, they retail now for over 5k on the basic model :shock: mines a LUX with kitchen sun canopy spare wheel & loads more extras.
Having a stock bus you don't know it's on the back even with the trailers rack loaded right up. :mrgreen:

I think the 1st outing for the Rapido will be Vanwest in 2 weeks, as this weekend is gonna be dry im taking a Gazebo to Busfest and thats it :lol: travel light me thinks

Our 72 Dandy if i may!!!!
035-1.jpg

038.jpg

039.jpg

Probably for sale soon to help with wedding funds unfortunately :(

Let's see if this photobucket thingie works...

Here's our Confortmatic - no idea of the age but a bit of a bargain as it was on the Isle of Wight.

Ended up next to Justin and family at CamperJam - lots of admiring looks from us to his trailer.

We've used the Rapido four times this year - CJ, Bug Jam, Dub Vacation and Action and it's awesome. I can put it away on my own but can't quite get the roof and walls up - too short...

It sleeps five of us, table to eat at, awning for more room and bone-dry.

Draws people over like a magnet to figure out what the hell it is but we love it.

Bus pulls it fine although it did take us a while to figure out the awning went at the front, not the back (handed due to staggered roof panels).

J

4b52b86c.jpg

aa3bfde7.jpg

fc11a7d7.jpg

7c4618f3.jpg

Nice Jim, let's see the funky interior, I love this, inspired me to get mine. Yours is the Exportmatic of course ;) bigger than my Confortmatic

Just

Yeah, you see, I knew that ours is the Export...

Not enough caffeine yet...

No pics of the interior yet but it'll be going up again soon so I'll get some then.

Happy that I finally managed to get the photo thing to work - thanks for the steer...

J

Very nice...

Out of interest, our 1600Sp with twin carbs and mild headwork pulls the Export (unladen 500Kg) plus five of us and all our gear no problems...

J

Jimbly said:
Very nice...

Out of interest, our 1600Sp with twin carbs and mild headwork pulls the Export (unladen 500Kg) plus five of us and all our gear no problems...

J

Im sure mine would, if I invested in a shot of NOS....or two!! :lol:
Im actualy more worried about stopping it than pulling!! :shock:

myvanway 69 said:
Ebay Item number: 320971366326 8)

If I had a towbar.......and a 1776+......and my missus hadnt spent my wheel money!!! :cry:

8)

The Confortmatic is less than 400kg so easy for a 1600SP ;)

myvanway 69 said:
Jimbly said:
Very nice...

J

Im sure mine would, if I invested in a shot of NOS....or two!! :lol:
Im actualy more worried about stopping it than pulling!! :shock:

Run-on brakes... very efficient, as the recovery man found out on Sunday when he tried to back it into place when we got home...

Gave mine a bit of a clean tonight, and took some pics

002-36.jpg

Bookcase with light :D

003-34.jpg

004-29.jpg

Plaid anyone :lol:

005-27.jpg

The other end has a full width sofa come bed

Looks good Just 8) you just keep bringing it all back to me their good fun to build, the awning situation is rather strange as the drawbar & front box take up nearly half the room, some folk put the awning on the other side. Do you have the extra bars to make a bunk bed over the double on the other side ie; makes it a 5 berth?

terrier man said:
Looks good Just 8) you just keep bringing it all back to me their good fun to build, the awning situation is rather strange as the drawbar & front box take up nearly half the room, some folk put the awning on the other side. Do you have the extra bars to make a bunk bed over the double on the other side ie; makes it a 5 berth?

I picked up the awning today as the guy gave me a bag of poles and not a lot else, turns out the rest was in his apare room.........its big and brown with flowery curtains :lol: The pack that he gave me with the caravan has a had written letter, I think it explains how to put the awning up and what poles go where...........that should be fun as it seams to have lots of sections of material and zips in addition to the main canvas :?

I dont have the bunk pole which is a shame as we could do with 5 beds

Latest posts