Folding Caravans

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

creationblue

Reaction score
:D Right lately I have developed a thing for folding caravans, due to the kids getting bigger and needing to take more stuff with u. I love gadgets and anything that folds, pops, raises, is old & has wheels is alright by me 8)

So it started with the Chateau Mobile

094-1.jpg

004-22.jpg

003-25.jpg

Then I saw a Rapido folding caravan, so it seemed like the natural progression, today I have been learning a new skill....This is an 80s model, depicted by the cream colour and stripes

011-17.jpg

I took the fridge out of the front to make way for the kids bats. balls, boots ect, besides I have one in the bus anyways....

012-14.jpg

Then the fun began..........It took about 45mins the 1st time, but the second attempt took 10mins :D

014-12.jpg

015-11.jpg

Just as I was gonna take some interior pics it started raining :x so down it came in 5!!!!

It has a Sink & hob that attaches to the wall, and a bookcase with a rather funky 70s lamp on a pole :lol: Out came the sink unit tho as again I have one in the bus. There is a toneau that goes on the top, this had a rip in it so repaired this too.

Inside its great, has a sofa that turns into a double bed and a table n chairs that also turns into a double. Oh and it came with a brown & orange awning 8)

This is the Confort-matic, smallest one in the range, Jimbly has the larger Export-matic that has a separate galley kitchen and a spare store room 8)

Feel feel to add anything you may have come accross

AxlFoley said:
I love that, its lie something out of James bond!

I want to see the lamp lol :)

The best bit is how it opens, you pull down the handle on the side and jump on it, I kid you not, your weight counter balances the top and over it comes :lol:

I had one of those for six years a immaculate 1980 comfort yours looks newer & a matic, mine had marigold print curtains,
the main problem we had with 4 of us sleeping in it was condensation forming on the headlining, but it was fine in the summer months.
I liked it but the Mrs hated it & was glad to get back to canvas(trailer tent) :lol: they tow well though. :)
Do you have the awning.

terrier man said:
I had one of those for six years a immaculate 1980 comfort yours looks newer & a matic, mine had marigold print curtains,
the main problem we had with 4 of us sleeping in it was condensation forming on the headlining, but it was fine in the summer months.
I liked it but the Mrs hated it & was glad to get back to canvas(trailer tent) :lol: they tow well though. :)
Do you have the awning.

Hi Brett you would have laughted earlier as I was reading the manual trying to put it up :lol: yea I have an awning too, curtains are plain red with nice check upholstery 8) I'm digging the Lino that looks like carpet :lol:

002-3.jpg

Here's our old rapido, we only sold it in July cos we have an eriba too now.

The rapido was much easier to tow as it was much lighter.

The more you use it the easier it gets to put up!!!!!

Yep their typically french, make sure you get it level otherwise it twists a bit & you'll have a job to line it up, good fun though. :lol:

terrier man said:
Yep their typically french, make sure you get it level otherwise it twists a bit & you'll have a job to line it up, good fun though. :lol:

That looks a fine example, my spare is underneath. Ive been reading a fair bit about them, and the tricks to get them level, what Eriba do you have?

Your Chateau Mobile is AWESOME!

Think you could sell that 10 times over.

Gets in queue, just in case ;)

Sorry guys the Chateau is going to a good home, I know The Old Dub shop is selling my old one (may now be sold but worth a call) ask for Clive.........

Wig give me a shout re the fridge fella

Just

010-22.jpg

Here's the eriba, it's a Familia not a puck so a bit bigger, hope the bus pulls it!!!! :shock:
How do other people get on with towing them???

It weighs 690kg unlaiden, my bus will have a 2.0l single carb motor, should manage ok???

I'm a folding caravan whore. I love them. And I'll admit to loving the trailer tent too. There I said it.

Sent from my iLife4 suite of applications.

Lee C said:
010-22.jpg

Here's the eriba, it's a Familia not a puck so a bit bigger, hope the bus pulls it!!!! :shock:
How do other people get on with towing them???

It weighs 690kg unlaiden, my bus will have a 2.0l single carb motor, should manage ok???

Thats a nice looking Familia mate, I had a puck, and carried camping gear, bikes ect inside, coupled with the 5 of us in the bus and it towed great with a 1600SP with ICTs (making 52.5Bhp), the big hills are the killer tho, so be prepared to use 2nd gear on the A30 lots :lol:

Just

Latest posts