69 ROTBOX PROJECT

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jay70

Reaction score
Hi all quick intro I've had a few vw's in my time splitty /bay /t25/beetle /trekker

But i've always wanted a RHD twin slider early bay.
im half way through a trekker project but two mates have just got there vans on the road (so im feeling jealous and fed up sleeping in a tent) and after being dicked around by a guy in the states i buy one just up the road off here http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=74003 a bit more work that i was hoping for BUT it was cheap!!

And so it begins!
[img ][/img]
And yes its not a twin slider YET!
[img ][/img]
A quick look on my mate's ramp
[img ][/img]
Its new home for a while

Jay

That looks a right bargain, much more presentable than mine and for a few grand less. I definitely overpaid but it's a long term project and hopefully as long as I restore it properly I won't loose money 🤞

It doesn't look to bad in the first pics!
Here's a few more

Ive got a bit of welding to do :lol:

Looks like a lot of work , but nice to see another panel van being saved

Nice welding & panel fabrication!!!!
I struggled like mad with my welding, hats off to anyone who can make it look like that !!!!!

Looks like a lot of work , but nice to see another panel van being saved

Its more work then i wanted to do :roll: but its a keeper!! I've wanted one for long time

Nice welding & panel fabrication!!!!
I struggled like mad with my welding, hats off to anyone who can make it look like that !!!!!

Cheers Lee my mate helped me set up the welder without his help i would be blowing holes in things :lol:

killer project! Nice progress so far, panel fitment is the key and it looks like you nailed that part! If the panel fits well, the welding is the easy part! Keep up the good work!

Wow - nice project and nice work with the cutting, welding and grinding ;)

Will keep an eye on this one.

Thanks for the kind words lads!

Mate gave me a hand removing the beam in fairness he did most of it :D i did undo the handbrake cables :lol:

made the closing panel on the chassis.

The drivers side is just as bad! but hoping to have that done in a few weeks.

Jay

Latest posts