Bays lowered on 17's?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CockneyPlayboy

Reaction score
Anyone narrowed and substantially dropped their bay on 17's? (dont worry, not horrid modern alloys!)

Just wondered (without too much modification or tubbing) how low you could get away with going with very low profile tyres and what wheel size/tyre size combo's you would need to look at purchasing??

Tubbing would be the only way to go really low on 17s, i have seen 17s on bays but not very low to the grass 8)

Not thinking of THAT low necessarily, just lower than the usual 'casual few inch drop' if that makes sense? (probably not)

i know its not an early but its a bay on 17's thats very low, tubs and a rasied beam, lots of chassis work. built by franz at KCW
17brmsondaground201.jpg

17brmsondaground.jpg

That looks pretty gnarly....if someone did this to an early!!!! :p

Also lovin' the Misfits skull on the workshop door..

Thats pretty radical and whilst Im totally loving that van, its not how low Im intending to go.

I want it to look lower than the average few inch drop...... but to stop before needing dramatic mods...

Some thin red walls would be really cool 8)

Come on Nederbug, you know you want them :mrgreen:

Reds would look nice, but I can't help but think that whites make the wheels look a couple of inches bigger.... :D

nederbug said:

THATS IT... lol Thanks mate!

SO....... did you have any fitment problems and what route have you gone down with your lowering? I cant see by the picture but did you drop in a narrowed beam at all? Doesnt look like it.

Also what size are those rims? (width that is)

Many thanks for posting the picture, this is a perfect ride height I was envisaging...

In the link in his footer it mentions "Narrowed the beam 15mm on each side, and detailed the 17s" Hopefully he will be able to tell us more. That's exactly the look I'm after :D

Latest posts