Bays lowered on 17's?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have 17's on mine and have gone for the biggest tyres I could squeeze in 225/50/17 to help with dropping the revs for my td lump. I've yet to get it on the road so can't say whether it works or not but you'd be lucky to get a rizla between the tyre and the spring plates one side and same with the inner arch and tyre the other side.. I think I maybe getting out my hammer to make these fit and not rub. Oh mine may not be the norm as I have modded my spring plates (only sawn a bit off) to accept the Porsche 944S2 arms and all that is attached to them...hmmm forgot about that bit.

The pic is without the engine in btw so will drop a fair bit when I put the crappy old derv motor in.

41.jpg

hello,ive got porsche 17inch twist on my lowered 1972 bay ,with wheel spacers and they run fine and look cool,its lowered with adjuster on front beam,does tend to split track rod rubbers though,ill try n post pic

Hi, here is my bay....
Im running stock beam with adjuster, dropped spindles and Monroe air shocks on front. At rear it is dropped 2 splines. There is no body modification all original but this is max I can go without body mods. It has MWS fuchs 17" full polished replicas 17x7 et 40, 5x112, i just needed to make small spacer for center caps (15mm) in order to cover bolt at rear and bearing cup on front. Front tires are 185/35/17 and rear 215/45/17.

Latest posts