Won't Start... This one got me Pickled??

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul2niki

Reaction score
So, just finished the refurb on my 72, every was running fine, started like dream every time... Jacked up the front to put the number plate on, bus has been lowered... Then all of a sudden just won't start... nothing..Zip!!! Starter motor won't turn over, I've given it a wack to see if stuck but nothing, battery light comes on fine, 12.6v's running on the battery?? any ideas??? got me baffled.. Cheers

Yep, checked the connections, and ignition switch.... will have another crack at it today

Same thing happened to me when I was away, didn't even get a click of the solenoid. I ended up laying under the van and putting a screwdriver across the two positive terminals on the starter solenoid (make sure the handbrake is on and it's in neutral or you'll run yourself over!). A few sparks and the solenoid freed itself up and it starter on the next turn of the key.

Sometimes it's not the solenoid that's stuck. The spade terminal connection on the solenoid gets corroded after so many years service.

a great guide

http://www.specialpatrolgroup.co.uk/spooky/barrel/barrel.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest posts