VW Meets/weekends - which to go to?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cotswoldiver

Reaction score
Starting to see a few 'early warnings' for weekends next year and as I'm really new to this vw scene would appreciate some opinions as to which are the 'not to be missed' through to those you would class as leave to the last minute and if you can go 'go' sort of thing. Ideally which are great for families and those just to take the wife and the westy! Be nice to put some dates in the diary, already have booked Camp Bestival in July for the family which although not strictly a VW event caters for campervans and is a nice familiy event. This year managed a day visit to Malvern and a weekend at the Final Fling.

Volksworld show in March for a 'overall scene' picture

Big Bang VW Action and Bug Jam for some drag racing and the 'VW Festival' experience

Stanford Hall, Stonor Park, BVF and Peppercorn for the 'old school' buffing and swapmeet shows.

Vanfest for, a van festival ;)

That should do, for starters 8)

Stanford Hall (still one of my favourite shows), Bus Stopover (went last year - very chilled), Vanfest (coz it's Vanfest).

Always wanted to try Peppercorn

We would love to do European Bug In but I don't think our funds will stretch that far.

Regards
Nick & Zile

if you go to run to the sun 2009 you might get to see a renault 5 with a birdcage on the roof 8)

euro bug-in's good if you go with the right 'crowd' and somebody puts an ounce of planning into the ferry times...

:p

Big Nick said:
Stanford Hall (still one of my favourite shows), Bus Stopover (went last year - very chilled), Vanfest (coz it's Vanfest).

Always wanted to try Peppercorn

We would love to do European Bug In but I don't think our funds will stretch that far.

Regards
Nick & Zile

Broarden your horizons, kick Vanfest into touch and go to Euro Bug in instead.

euro bug-in's good if you go with the right 'crowd' and somebody puts an ounce of planning into the ferry times...

you were with the right crowd :wink:

as for the ferry times..... :shock:

EgoTrippin said:

you were with the right crowd :wink:

as for the ferry times..... :shock:

Who needs sleep? :shock: :lol:

bus types isent that good and it usually rains,but its chilled and usually starts my year of :mrgreen:

Mike F said:
EgoTrippin said:
My 'unmissables' are Big Bang, Stanford Hall, Euro Bug-in, Peppercorn and Vanfest 8)

Ego - I thought the ones you missed were all 500+ miles away! You been to everything else.

Yeah I do go to them all Mike :D. Representing earlybay every time too :wink:

Latest posts