• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Type 1, 1776cc High Spec Engine FOR SALE Professionaly Built

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex4057

Reaction score
Complete Turnkey Engine £3250

Right the time has come to sell my Trusty 1776cc Engine, I had the engine built with NO expense spared, Parts alone came to OVER 6k. Oil has been changed every 1000 miles and most of the time less. The engine Bar is for a Late Bay, and will slot straight in, will easily go into ANY vw just need to get a correct engine bar.

The reason for sale is that i'm currently collecting parts for a stroker motor. After alot of thought and deliberation, i've decided to try not to split up my engine for parts as it is such a good reliable proven unit, its a strong pulling bit of kit.

Not Only has this engine bought me a lot of fun, it has for the odd few months here and there been my daily too, will sit at 60 - 70mph at a reasonable temperature on a 1600 box, never misses a beat Thanks to the electronic ignition the timing has NEVER gone out. Carbs are very good at staying in tune, only tuned and tweaked due to my over zealousness for maintainence.

Built by Mark and Matt @ AUTOTECHNIKS

In my opinion one of the best engine builders in the UK

They currently have the quickest (on the 1/4 mile) natrually apsirated Type 1 engined Bay in Europe

and also

The quickest (on the 1/4 mile) split in the Uk FULL STOP

http://www.ultimatestreetbays.co.uk/

http://www.ssvc.org.uk/bwa/

Right Important Stuff

SPEC LIST:

(all parts BRAND new when the engine was built, NO expense spared)

1776cc Engine
Dellorto DRLA36's
Matchported Manifolds
Hex Bar Linkage
CB Performance 044 Heads
40mm Inlet, 35.5mm Exhaust Stainless Steel Valves
Dual Valve Springs
Cromoloy Retainers
Bolt up Rocker shafts
Swivel Feet
90.5 Mahle Barrels and Pistons
ENGLE 140 Cam
Lightweight Followers
Double Thrust Cam Bearings
Scat 69mm Counterweighted Crank
Lightened and Balanced Flywheel
Kennedy Clutch
Solid Centre Plate
Berg 26mm Oil Pump and Cover
External Oil Filter (always used Fram HP1's)
Bosch 009 Dizzy
Bosch Blue Coil
Electronic Ignition
9.2 to 1 Comp.
Fully Stainless Steel Exhaust System
From Heads through to Turbo Muffler

and much more (if i've missed anything or you have a queery pls feel free to get in touch)

While owning and running this engine in, I've only had one small set back and that was the summer of last year i snapped a swivel foot, (my fault completely) I Got the entire set replaced and the engine overhauled before it went back into my van

This Engine genrally astonishes People, It was built and serviced by one of the best engine builders in the uk and is proving itself so. I've never found a N/A 1776cc engine in a bus that could come close to this package

As i say The parts to build this cost me about 6k let alone labour, so i'll take sensible offers around £3250
I'm in no hurry (i.e. no piss takers need apply) to sell this as its currently powering me about as my Daily

Will Consider Trade \ swap \ p/x \ especially on a GOOD Reliable 1600tp engine or a daily of some description?

Ill split this if i have too, Someone would get a much better deal by just buying it complete.

If i had to it would split down ROUGHLY like this:

Longblock £2200

Carbs c/w manifolds and linkage £350

FULL exhaust system (Turbo muffler and stinger included) £450

Alternator and stand £120

Tinwear, fan, oilcooler and bits an bobs £120

Coil and leads £60

Email Me : [email protected]

Ring ME : 07773 374 575

Remember the carbs on this engine are only DRLA36's (a good happy medium at the time for me) if these where swapp'd for 44's, Fun Factor would seriously INCREASE

sorry bout crap pic of the engine but only ones i have at the mo.

in situ:

tn_engine_bay.jpg

tn_DSC02759.JPG

Built by the Men that bought you:

42872012.IMG_6162.jpg

31808262.252_5231.jpg

Not entirely sure if i'm honest would have to dig things out to check exact figures.

somewhere around 12k to 14k i should think.

Cheers chris,

Have had a fair bit of interest,

trying to hold onto it till after F&T :D

Looks and sounds v.good - wish I had the dosh as I would be buying off you :(

Good luck with the sale :D

Latest posts