Stu & Clare Present Murphy - Aircooled Campout 2020 Pics

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers for the kind words fellas - I am hoping for improved drive when I finally get Murphy running again!
Fingers crossed monday is the day!

StuF said:
Cheers for the kind words fellas - I am hoping for improved drive when I finally get Murphy running again!
Fingers crossed monday is the day!

It's tuesday now :msn4:

Got the breather box installed, heat riser blockoffs and dizzy vacuum t-piece fitted.
Primed the oil pump and got the light to go out before starting the bus as always
Clare assisted and I was pleased to see the malpassi fuel filter fill with fuel
Connected the coil back to the dizzy and with a little flick of the carb linkage the bus roared into life!
Really impressed with how much quicker the revs go up compared to the single carb.
However need to fine tune the carbs so I can get them to idle!
Have a couple of days to play with it myself before calling in some " :msn4: expert :msn4: " assistance!
Really pleased it started with almost no effort especially with all the added pipework - will take some pics when my phone has finished installing this daft ios update! 8)

gas1man said:
Good job there. Good on you for tackling the job just before a big season full of trips. :D

J & P
:D :D :D
Yep you are correct - I am a bit daft doing this just before heading off to Dubs then a europe trip to SPA but it has been a learning experience
Got the bus running and idling this eve with a little tweaking of the throttle stops however it was far too hot to play around in the engine bay considering ambient air temp was 31 degrees!

I have a guide printed off for setting the mixture and balancing the two carbs but will probably get an approximate setup then take it to a rolling road for a proper job!

Anyway here is a pic of the finished engine bay - I could probably have got it a little tidier but I am happy for now!

j12wV.jpg

:D :D

Many thanks for the kind words of encouragement!
Engine is finally running sweetly and pulls well after relocating the Fuel Pressure Regulator away from excessive vibration
Need to pack our gear up and get ready for a run down to Wales for DATC15 on Thurs then back for a MOT on Tues afternoon all ready for SPA

Looking forward to seeing everyone down in Wales! 8)

8)

Another pic of the engine all finished and running nicely

IbLaX.jpg

Thats us all packed up ready to go!
No trailer this year as we are traveling light ( :msn4: or light for us :msn4: )
See you peeps later on this afternoon and tomorrow for some Welsh Dubbing action :D :D
Only 186 miles to go! :lol: :lol:

Well back from an epic weekend in Wales - have a sunburnt face/legs/arms and a sore stomach from laughing so much - had a great time with earlybay bunch!
Was a riot as always on the early-bay camping area especially the spectacular lineup on Sat and the fancy dress in the evening
We partied hard, drank like sailors ( :msn4: probably why Scottie was so ill Sunday :msn4: ) and even had time for a takeout Indian on the Sunday eve!

Murphy managed the nearly 400 miles with ease running sweet at 60mph for most of the way! A great way to test run a new set of carbs ready for SPA in a week!

And today to finish off the excellent weekend Murphy passed his MOT with NO ADVISORIES! 8) 8)
Happy is not the word!

Some pics of our weekend are on bookface but will get them uploaded here too!

Here are some pics - sorry they aren't of the vehicles! Just us mostly larking about in the camping field

0Z3Dp.jpg

5Hd2E.jpg

YA8Im.jpg

NHSqT.jpg

aQO6s.jpg

I9pGN.jpg

LRZTB.jpg

yONe4.jpg

EBof8.jpg

4wcQm.jpg

tvATZ.jpg

PvLCs.jpg

XaygM.jpg

f8c16.jpg

7YVPx.jpg

LB2qQ.jpg

F8vGQ.jpg

UZKjI.jpg

DYfW9.jpg

Ttofe.jpg

PvE1m.jpg

205VM.jpg

owaFj.jpg

oU7au.jpg

3W70K.jpg

JhNAg.jpg

zB0Sh.jpg

WCs2B.jpg

CZ04U.jpg

ivUht.jpg

Ge0kF.jpg

0SbMw.jpg

:lol: 8) :D

Good pics mate, cheers for the ones of me :msn4: you blagged the indicators then?

Yep - blagged satis!
Bloody repro parts!
Cracking garage though and they understood classic vehicles
Glad you like the pics, sleepy head :lol: :lol:

Haha I was shattered, I blame the little un. Booked in there Friday afternoon for my mot, hopefully it goes as well as yours!

Latest posts