Slamwerks New 70 deluxe

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi all Trying hard to get some good pics of the underside of the van and the work thats been done but not having much luck as by the time i remember to take them its late at night and my camera does not do too well at night even in the workshop.

First of all this is how we modified the torsion covers after narrowing the rear end.
PICT3041.jpg

PICT3042.jpg

PICT3043.jpg

Its a old pic with the gearbox front mount not raised and no shocks but it shows the rear notches.....The rear notches are BIG!
PICT3084.jpg

This is the only pic that seems to make any sense to me as the rest are all abit blurrrey! The bus has nothing that hangs low every single part has been moved up. Its a lot of work but so happy its all done now!
PICT3085.jpg

Most importantly where we are up to now these pics were took a week ago so nice and new.
PICT3121copy.jpg

PICT3124copy.jpg

PICT3126copy.jpg

I hope to take the bus for a MOT this week so fingers crossed. After the mot i hope to give it a coat of satin clear and maybe a bit of slamwerks sign writing. Then most importantly DRIVE IT!

if i finish work early one friday i'll pop over to the workshop to have a noise round it, it looks hard as.

slamwerks logo writing would be a nice touch

Hey Ash no problem dude come on over we can have a good old chin wag over a cup of coffee. You should take it for a spin round the estate see how it drives.

Not too sure about the shock situation i have run many a bus and bug without shocks and never had a problem. On a heavily narrowed beam it gets stiffer up front anyhow. BUT i have been mulling over a few ideas on how to mount some shocks on it.......i will se how it goes.!

http://www.slamwerks.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

sorry just noticed this Guy :shock: , amazing is an understatement, looking rock hard now and good to have another trader actually posting. I'll change your status to trader (as you deserve). If this bus is the advertisement for your business i can see your going to be really busy.

top job 8)

GOOOD weekend on the bus took it for a drive to the MOT station. It was really cool to get to drive it on the roads after all the head scratching.

It drives VERY good the raised beam has put the trailing arms at almost factory angle in conjunction with the dropped spindles this make it feel very smooth at the front end. The steering is nice and light too as the track rods are more level.

I would like to get the back down a little bit more maybe as it has a bit more rake than i want. I will try to lower it more but it might need a slightly smaller tire though as the 185/65s are getting close to the tubs as it is, and thats with no passengers in the back.

PICT3167.jpg

But most importantly it PASSED!!!!!!!. No problems at all except one advisory which was the metal frame showing through the front seats......I think i can live with that!

Slamwerks said:
I would like to get the back down a little bit more maybe as it has a bit more rake than i want.
:shock: what rake!?

HAHA Guy you are truly mental!

Took some pics on the way back from Dubfreeze yesterday

DSC03504.jpg

DSC03503.jpg

DSC03505.jpg

hard to believe that only a few hours earlier the bumper was being used as a snow plow on the way to Dubfreeze :D

VERY NICE!

Well done on the stand at Dubfreeze, it was good to see some realistically priced slam products. The stall placement made me smile.

Keep up the good work.

Jon

Latest posts