Slamwerks New 70 deluxe

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 1302 box in mine and I didn't think it struggled any more up hills than a stock one to be honest.

It does add about 10-15mph to your cruising speed on motorways though with a stock motor :)

Thats awesome its always nice to get a little more speed without over working the engine.

Is yours a plain 1303 box or a 1303s box?

Thanks for that.

Guy

http://www.slamwerks.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mine is a straight 1302 box so the final ratio isn't quite as good as a 1303 or 1303S.

Before the conversion, my cruising speed was about 50mph, now its 60-65mph :)

EgoTrippin said:
Mine is a straight 1302 box so the final ratio isn't quite as good as a 1303 or 1303S.

Sorry Dude i missed that bit.... i look silly!

How did you install your box did you use the kit from Roadhouse Retro or did you make it up?

Yeah Tim at Roadhouse fitted one of his kits. Been using it for over 18 months now, probably done over 10,000 miles and its been all good :D

Only a small update but any progress is good progress!

Got the seats modified to fit the seat tubs. as you can see they follow the curve of the tubs which means they sit pretty much at stock hight give or take a few mm here or there.

PICT2850.jpg

Managed to keep most of the springs in place and a lot of the original frame work The only springs that had to go are the ones at the very back of the seat but a thin layer of foam will solve this.

PICT2847.jpg

The only part of the frame that has been changed is the side rail and the back rail. but it still took 2 hours a side after shortening and reattaching all the springs to suit the curve. The seat cover didn't need cutting either which is nice.

The OG rail before changing.

PICT2839.jpg

I know its a long shot but if anybody has some OG seat covers in the correct Light sand/khaki brown in better condition than mine drop me a PM as mine are really torn up........I did say its a long shot!

Thanks.

Guy

I have a feeling this will be the kind of work that will start setting the standard for a few of our more established companies.

Well done slamwerks for doing the job "properly', you now have many new followers and many new future customers.

Please let us know how we can back and support your work.

Good luck

faux said:
I have a feeling this will be the kind of work that will start setting the standard for a few of our more established companies.

Well done slamwerks for doing the job "properly', you now have many new followers and many new future customers.

Please let us know how we can back and support your work.

Good luck

well said jon

:mrgreen:

Was at Slamweks on Friday and the bus is looking mean, not sure about the speedhumps where the unit is though :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

L1020889.jpg

L1020886.jpg

Slamwerks said:
The OG rail before changing.

PICT2839.jpg

I know its a long shot but if anybody has some OG seat covers in the correct Light sand/khaki brown in better condition than mine drop me a PM as mine are really torn up........I did say its a long shot!

Thanks.

Guy

is there a rail after changing shot - or is this a work secret? how do they fix?

Hi

Will try to find some pics of the rail after. I have to take the seats out to put the tub mats back in so will take some then if not.

Good to see you again graham. Yeah the speed bumps are a pain in the arse but they make for a good will it get over speed bumps test track. Harsh little fuckers they are as well! More importantly who is that shady dude stealing my petrol?????

Have a load of pics to post up of the underside of the van now its nearly finished. will get them up in next few days.

A few little bits and bobs to do and its MOT time.

Guy@Slamwerks

Thats an awesome way of doing it, something similar to what I had in mind if I ever get tubbs.

quick question, if the van was tubbed by replicating what is originaly there, so just lifting the seat runners up, do you think it would be possible to lower the seat base the full length front to back and keep the runners in place?

Hi

If you wanted to use the og rails like you say i think it would be possible but a lot of work. I guess you could remove sections from the seat frame middle and put it back together. But this would require the springs to all be shortened or you could pad it out with some firm foam?

I Guess the biggest problem is that the rail runners are attached in a way that makes them hard to remove from the frame.

Seats are a lot of work to modify however you do it but well worth the effort as its no fun driving with your head on the roof and your back bent.

Maybe try and pick up a spare set and experiment with them.

Good luck.

Guy

Latest posts