Slamwerks New 70 deluxe

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Slamwerks
Do you make/sell dropspindles for balljoint beams(72) :?: . And do you use steering dampers on your beams :?: Nice work on the chassis ,looks spot on........Dave

Sorry we don't do spindles for ball joint bays we only do linkpin spindles. Try T2D for ball joint dropped spindles.

We don't put steering dampers on our beams usually but we have put them on a few peoples beams when requested at no extra change so its not a problem.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the kind words about slamwerks popcorn balls it means a lot to us. Not too worried about the speed bump of doom if the bus don't get over it we got some big lump hammers and chisels..... Speed bump what speed bump?

Got lots done this weekend the front tubs look really cool updates tomorrow.

Guy

http://www.slamwerks.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Slamwerks said:
Not too worried about the speed bump of doom if the bus don't get over it we got some big lump hammers and chisels..... Speed bump what speed bump?

That could be your new service - speed bump removals, you'd make a fortune :lol:

and don't forget a sticker or two.... ;)

Little slow progress at the moment but we are getting there.

Got the tubs done at the weekend they are looking nice. they follow the curve of the OG wheel tub and will blend in really nice with a little grinding on the edges.

PICT2640.jpg

The seats will be modified to sit over the tubs to retain the original seat position. It was always a problem for better half to reach the pedals with box tubs so its gonna be a lot better plus it looks smoother!

PICT2643.jpg

PICT2647.jpg

The only thing thats gonna be a shame about the curved tubs and seats is we will loose the adjustability of the seats but you cant have everthing!

More soon.

Oh thanks for the Seats dubscum they look really good...YOU THE MAN!

seats couldn't have gone to a better home, SICK bus !!! has a look of evilness about it in the metal, stong work guy, love it ...... might not be able to park up next to it at shows, makes mine look high :shock:

looks da bollocks dude - love the tubbed arches, thats the way i want to go with my single cab 8) hurry up with the narrowed ball joint beam :D

i'll be in touch in a couple of weeks for a linkpin 4" narrowed beam for my 58 8)

keep up the good work, that bay is going to be a mean mo fo

dagboyblue said:
looks da bollocks dude - love the tubbed arches, thats the way i want to go with my single cab 8) hurry up with the narrowed ball joint beam :D

Your SC so needs this treatment ;)

Got more of the cab floor done. It will need a complete new floor one day its solid but a bit thin in the middle area of the floor. For now this will have to do though as time and money wont allow.

Had the bus sitting on the floor with the beam at its lowest so the tubs are plenty big enough which is good as really dont fancy doing them again!

There was a big old hole where the floor use to be.
PICT2657.jpg

Looks good as new now though.
PICT2664.jpg

had to stop though as it was getting dark and a little on the chilly side. The front of are workshop is like a wind tunnel when it gets windy which is not great for welding as you would imagine.
PICT2665.jpg

Now the tubs and floor are done the next job is to modify the seats to fit over the tubs. Would also like to get the gearbox raise sorted at the weekend so hopefully a big update next week.

Finally found some time to pull the old girl in and stick some work to her!

First of all got the gearbox in and narrowed the rear end. The gear box is a 1303 gearbox with a split bus nosecone mounted directly onto the original bay front gearbox mount with new mounting holes drilled.

pic115.jpg

This setup gives me a good 2-3 inch clearance over the OG bay box..... can't take all the credit though as i had a good look over gadgets bus at the weekend and he has pretty much the same set up so cheers Dean.

pic116.jpg

As you can see there tons of clearance now and there is no shift rod mods it all lines up!

cone.jpg

The rear is narrowed by one and half inches a side. This is done by moving in the A arm brackets in and relocating them to alter the camber. next the torsion housings are shortened and the spring plates are extended like on a early bug. the last piece of the puzzle is using 1303 axle shafts which are shorter cheers to the EVIL ONE for that i never knew they were shorter. The main reason i have gone too all the trouble is to reset the massive camber you get on a heavily slammed bay. My wheels now sit straight when on the floor. Also i can fit a good size tyre tire on the rear without it rubbing the arches.

pic117.jpg

The steering box is also raised 1 inch now as well as i use to hit my pitman arm on my old blue bay and this is lower so it had to go up. no pics of it but will get some up next time... really happy with all the mods when you look under it there is nothing at all hanging down.

Got a little bit of paint on the tubs as well to see how they are going to look very happy with the way they turned out. They are all metal no filler on the edges once the mats are in they will look really cool pocking through.

tub.jpg

Its starting to take shape we are getting there!

Slamwerks said:
Finally found some time to pull the old girl in and stick some work to her!

First of all got the gearbox in and narrowed the rear end. The gear box is a 1303 gearbox with a split bus nosecone mounted directly onto the original bay front gearbox mount with new mounting holes drilled.

pic115.jpg

This setup gives me a good 2-3 inch clearance over the OG bay box..... can't take all the credit though as i had a good look over gadgets bus at the weekend and he has pretty much the same set up so cheers Dean.

pic116.jpg

As you can see there tons of clearance now and there is no shift rod mods it all lines up!

cone.jpg

The rear is narrowed by one and half inches a side. This is done by moving in the A arm brackets in and relocating them to alter the camber. next the torsion housings are shortened and the spring plates are extended like on a early bug. the last piece of the puzzle is using 1303 axle shafts which are shorter cheers to the EVIL ONE for that i never knew they were shorter. The main reason i have gone too all the trouble is to reset the massive camber you get on a heavily slammed bay. My wheels now sit straight when on the floor. Also i can fit a good size tyre tire on the rear without it rubbing the arches.

pic117.jpg

The steering box is also raised 1 inch now as well as i use to hit my pitman arm on my old blue bay and this is lower so it had to go up. no pics of it but will get some up next time... really happy with all the mods when you look under it there is nothing at all hanging down.

Got a little bit of paint on the tubs as well to see how they are going to look very happy with the way they turned out. They are all metal no filler on the edges once the mats are in they will look really cool pocking through.

tub.jpg

Its starting to take shape we are getting there!

looks the Mutts 8)

strong work as ever 8)

"The rear is narrowed by one and half inches a side. This is done by moving in the A arm brackets in and relocating them to alter the camber. next the torsion housings are shortened and the spring plates are extended like on a early bug. the last piece of the puzzle is using 1303 axle shafts" does this mean you could sit 7's or even 8's out back ? is there a lot of work (cost) involved ? You make it sound easy.

does having 1303 box change the ratios ? ................ will it just be easier for me to buy this bus when you've finished with it :D

its a big thumbs up from me mate !

Hi Ash hows things?

Not too sure how much of a benefit in ratio terms the 1303 box will make. It was more for clearance than ratios will have to see how it is on hills and motorways once its driving. I have heard mixed reviews from people that have had 1303 box's in bays. Some say they struggle on hills and some they they dont!

I guess i will have to find out for my self.

Latest posts