Saab to Stock front seats

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iknowdavehouse

Reaction score
Hello,

I currently have two Saab seats fitted in my cab and the bulkheads behind each seat have been cut out by the previous owner :?

I'd really like to go back to stock seats but I have a few questions...

Does the stock drivers seat from any bay fit on the runners I'll have for the Saab seats?
- If so does that mean if I wanted to swap both I'd need to find two stock drivers seats to slot in and not driver / passenger?

Can I even get stock seats if my bulkheads have been removed or do they rely on clipping in?

Thanks
Dave

Hi Dave..... I guess it all depends.... If your runners have been removed to fit the saab ones then you'll need to source some to re-fit, Simon Butland at Buttys Bits sells these. The passenger seats rely on the bulkhead to clip the backrest onto, so if you werent reinstating the bulkheads then you would need two drivers seats i guess.
Nige.

I've got latebay seats in my bus, they fit on the same runners as a t25 - they're visually really similar to the early ones and both slide forward and lean back on a lever. They don't need the bulkhead to clip to.

Alternatively, think I have the original early bay seat runners and brackets somewhere - from a 71 LHD bus if they're of any use to you.

Thanks all, I'll get my current seats out of a proper look but it sounds like I should probably look out for two drivers seats. I'm heading to Dubs at the park in Wokingham on Sunday so I'm sure I'll be able to pick up some bits...

Latest posts