Walk through seat back cards, how do they fit?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

neilswheels

Reaction score
Year of Your Van(s)
Van Type
Ex Westy,
Ive managed to get hold of the padded top and sides for my walk thru, and have tmi panels to go on, but how does all this attach? From what I have found, there are metal strips behind the seat that are screwed thru to hold the pads on to the metal bulkhead, but what about the panel, there's no holes fo clips, nothing to hold the bottom of the panel, can anyone help? Ta

They push in place using the same clips as the door cards along the inner and top edges (there's holes in the padded section metal frames), and there should be a profiled metal strip that secures the bottom of the trim panel.
The padded walk through strips are riveted in place.

From memory, when I put mine in , that’s the sides and the top, they were all screwed in with self tappers and this left a recess with bare metal strips on to fit the trim panel to. This recess had raised section with holes in . Im thinking that in the top and the sides, there were holes left to take the regular trim poppers or whatever they’re called into the raised sections . I also think that I ended up with one or two black self tappers to hold it back, black because they’re camouflaged into my dark ish fabric. My trim panels only came down to about ten inches from the floor so I put some matching floor stuff on to finish it nicely. My self tappers were a tad long and I’ve kept meaning to cut them off but I’ve covered the sharp bits with screen washers hose as it’s hidden behind the seat. I was reluctant at the time to cut the self tappers just in case it needed adjustments but it’s been fine so I really should do.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,something else to go on my to dooo list :)

Now I see from Wiggs pictures, that I don’t have the lower section of trim to hold the bottom in. That’s probably why I needed to use a black self tappers or two. I suppose I could have used chromed tiling strip like I did on the ceiling sections. Might look at that. :unsure:

Ozziedog,,,….every days a school day :)

Thanks all. Dont suppose that bottom piece is available anywhere? My van was a shell when I got it, so none of this was in there.

The rivets, are they pop rivets, so there's about 5mm or so sticking out the back behind the seat?
And what are the metal strips for? I looked at a bus at Kafernation, and these strips were screwed on over the pads behind the seat, looked like they were holding them in place?

Now I see from Wiggs pictures, that I don’t have the lower section of trim to hold the bottom in. That’s probably why I needed to use a black self tappers or two. I suppose I could have used chromed tiling strip like I did on the ceiling sections. Might look at that. :unsure:

Ozziedog,,,….every days a school day :)
stock have a rubber mat type piece that's formed to fit around the seat base and in that recess and cover it all up
https://www.customandcommercial.com...wrap_round_seat_stand_bus_37515/#&gid=1&pid=1

Thanks all. Dont suppose that bottom piece is available anywhere? My van was a shell when I got it, so none of this was in there.

The rivets, are they pop rivets, so there's about 5mm or so sticking out the back behind the seat?
And what are the metal strips for? I looked at a bus at Kafernation, and these strips were screwed on over the pads behind the seat, looked like they were holding them in place?
Yes, the rivet protrudes slightly and yes the trim strip holds the rubber mat as well.
If you look at the left bulkhead in my pic it’s complete.

I might have the bottom bits - if so you can have them for postage. Will check tomorrow....

Alas I have only 1... Let me know if it's any good, £2.50 should cover post...PXL_20230714_084638291.jpg

Latest posts