rusty old nail to sow's ear

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sparkywig said:
Myvanway said:
Great work there Si. 8)

Cool pics of DATC too! next year for me hopefully! 8)

Got to get you to Bristol Volksfest first, I need at least 50 buses next year.
Funny you should post tonight Paul. :lol:

Got somewhere for my roadtrip coffee now.
Thanks Just, I shall take good care of it.
:mrgreen:

sparkywig said:
Myvanway said:
Great work there Si. 8)

Cool pics of DATC too! next year for me hopefully! 8)

Got to get you to Bristol Volksfest first, I need at least 50 buses next year.
Funny you should post tonight Paul. :lol:

Got somewhere for my roadtrip coffee now.
Thanks Just, I shall take good care of it.

Roadtrip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8) 8) 8)
Starting to get excited now!

sparkywig said:
Myvanway said:
See you next week ABW!? 8)

Yep, I'm leaving Wednesday morning and stopping overnight at Brussels where I'm meeting the Archers.
See you Thursday. :D

Rolling road tune booked for mine Monday morning, talk about last minute.com
Cant wait now!!!!

marcher said:
sparkywig said:
Myvanway said:
See you next week ABW!? 8)

Yep, I'm leaving Wednesday morning and stopping overnight at Brussels where I'm meeting the Archers.
See you Thursday. :D

Rolling road tune booked for mine Monday morning, talk about last minute.com
Cant wait now!!!!

:lol:

Don't be late. ;)

Last minute road trip preparations.....
Back at JPR Tuning after a bit of unexpected work at the weekend. Only went down the workshop to change the plugs...... :lol:

No slight misfire under load, pulls cleanly from 1700rpm in top. :D

Packing now commences for le Bug Show.

So, le Bug Show at Spa.

Left home Wednesday morning and got 20 miles before this happened.

90 minutes sitting in stationary traffic....
Finally got to Folkstone le Shuttle terminal to be told there's a 2 1/2 hour delay....
Other than a split parked in the car park, it looked like I was the only air-cooled there. So the terminal staff decided I was a caravan and put me with the caravans, motorhomes and coaches.
I decided to have a nap (or sit in the back with my eyes shut to stop the idiots who kept tapping on the window to tell me all about their Dad's bus/mate's bus/neighbour's bus/is the suspension broken?/have I got a Porsche engine fitted 'cos their mate's mate's brother has... :roll: )
Got woken by a terminal staff member saying that was a space on an earlier train and I had 5 minutes to board. :)

Here we go.

Fueled up at Bonjour Services and hit the E16. Not again, more traffic...

After a fairly uneventful trip along the E16 and E40, bar the ticking off for speeding and the torrential rain, I arrived at Ibis at Ruisbroek to meet up with the Archers and Juhels.

An Italian meal, a few drinks and a warning from the hotel staff to keep the noise down, then bed before the last leg to Spa.

Thursday lunchtime arrive at the circuit, get our passes and then search for somewhere to camp. After a bit of faffing around we're pitched.

Time for a beer or two.

Had a wander around on Friday, and a pleasant couple of hours spent in the Pit Bar overlooking the Bus Stop Chicane and start/finish straight and the track day cars blasting around.

Saturday the show got underway.
There was an opportunity to take your vehicles for a lap around the circuit, but we were surrounded by Dutch tents so couldn't get the buses out.
Later on in the day there was a parade lap, only took a few pics as I expect there will be many hundreds on the various social media platforms.
You may recognise some of the vehicles.

One of my favourites.

And another.

Sunday dawned, and after packing up and watching the drag cars sprint up the hill from Eau Rouge towards La Source hairpin we decided to see if we could get onto the track.
Glad we did. :D
Didn't take any pics as I was driving rather fast around one of the greatest racing circuits in the world.
Here's one I pinched.

AgLhB.jpg

And after parked up.

A6YCt.jpg

We left the circuit and convoyed down to Roland's Bus farm for a Sunday night stopover and a bbq.

Kacup.jpg

Y0Lku.jpg

Link to a video posted by Justin. :)

https://vimeo.com/179161290" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Just another one of Roland's treasures.

OsEnq.jpg

Monday morning was spent doing some maintenance on the buses and then we set off for Calais.
Bit busy when we got there.

uEyVR.jpg

Bus flew back home at 70-75 and that was that. 950 miles, 136 litres of fuel and 20 hours of driving to park up in a field in Belgium.
Another fantastic few days spent with really good company. But to be honest I was a bit underwhelmed and disappointed by the show, not in any great rush to return.
It just seemed disjointed and almost a lack of organisation. Shame really, as I had built my expectations up in the weeks before.

Funny you should say that Wig as I`ve heard that said elsewhere, but you`ve done it now and seen for yourself, and just to make It I suppose you had some great company and a beer or two and the bus went well 8)

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,looks fun :mrgreen:

sparkywig said:
Thursday lunchtime arrive at the circuit, get our passes and then search for somewhere to camp. After a bit of faffing around we're pitched.

Bugger me, you must have got the only flat non-muddy piece of grass in the entire place!!!

I was stuck way up on top of the hill in between the trees :(

Cool Pic's 8) 8)

We were camped in the damp woods...!!! :D :lol:

First time at Spa and agree it seemed to be disjointed. Have you been to Le mans Super VW show?? Not as big but well organised and you can get to a faster lap of the circuit..!! ;) ;)

Latest posts