Restoration recommendations ?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ivor

Reaction score
Hi all, have searched the forums, but can't find a section with recommendations ? Am looking for someone in the North Surrey area, (poss Hants/Berks too) who can do some welding on my '72 Bay. I am never going to find the time, and nearly sold her twice ! But, we may have some spare cash in March, and I would like to get the major part of the welding done. So far I have removed most of the cargo floor, pans, offside sills, and forward outriggers. So I need something put back in before she splits into two !
If anyone has suggestions, but don't want to say anything on the open forum, could you pm me ?
Cheers, guys ! :D

All I'd say is that it is worth travelling to get the work done by someone you can trust to do it right.

As above, don't just stick to your area to get the work done. I would recommend travelling to get the job done right. Mines gone 185 miles to be restored as I wanted a proper job by a company who's work I had seen and is highly respected.

J.

I've been pointed towards these people for welding:

http://www.beetlelink.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

They're in Surrey (Aldershott), but never used them so can't vouch for them...

Hi, thanks for the responses, I have had a pm also with some names, and I do appreciate what you're saying.
I know about Beetlelink, and in getting parts in the past I know they are helpful, but I don't know what their welding is like.
Cheers, Tony.

I would thoroughly recommend Farnborough VW Center. They do a lot of bus work, from servicing to full on restos, there's no bs, and they really know there stuff. Ask for Andy.

10 Farnborough Rd, Farnborough GU14 6AY
01252 521152

Latest posts