Ozziedog Goes Topless

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blimey Ozzie - frightening stuff!

Glad it worked out ok

Perils of high winds and pop tops - scary

i got there walked round seen his van with no roof :? may be he is going to put sparkywigs old sunroof on :roll: walked in to the bar dave grabed me go take the piss out ozzie he lost his roof tell him its all over the net :lol:

;)

I've had a similiar experience when my Devon still had a pop top, also on the Severn bridge (the old one). The top was lifting up by itself and pulling the van all over the place. Luckily I had wife and children on board and they had to hang on to the metal mechanism until we made it to Aust and we were out of the wind. That was probably 10 years ago but it still gets mentioned every time we cross the Severn :D .

Scary stuff Ozziedog, glad your Ok!
I had my westie pop top shoot up in high winds going over Ditchling beacon a few years ago! both the rubber retaining straps snapped and like you I darted into the back and pulled it down then was stuck as I was by myself and my phone out of reach... :shock:
Luckily I had just changed my seatbelts and I remembered the old ones where under the buddy seat and I managed to lash it down.
It seems it happens quite often reading this thread..... Be careful out there pop toppers! :D

Wow! Sounds like you put the film 'Twister' to shame!
Good write up!
I was right there holding on to that spring with you, trying to grab that damn chain!! Only in the films you'd have walked up afterwards and punched the traffic officers lights out for being such a div! :lol:

Glad your ok buddy....it could have been a lot worse by all accounts. Someone was watching over you and your bus that day!!

--------------------------------------Own a Bay?....... Feel the love!

Frightening stuff - I guess us Dormobile boys are OK half of the time, when the hinges are towards the wind...

..but if you ever see a T2 reversing across the Severn Bridge on a windy day, you'll know why !

It's normally hard work reading such much text - but that was gripping !

WOW,scarey stuff..!! Glad you got off the bridge ok, frightening stuff..!!! :shock:

Holy shit, glad your alright dooder! :shock:

Having seen you battered, bruised and shaken on Sunday I'm glad you can laugh about it.

Good to see you fella, catch up soon.

Jon

:shock: Bloody hell :shock:

It was gripping to read that - like all have said, felt like I was there with you (although if I was there we would have got it sorted....)

Just glad you are in one piece :)

Gone "viral" :lol: http://thelatebay.com/index.php?threads/ozziedog-goes-topless-on-the-way-to-sids-charity-meet.35201/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

wow :shock: that's some scary shit to happen ,its bad enough driving the buggers in the wind never mind the roof nearly getting ripped off. Don't know what id have done ,hope its not too battered and can be repaired...Dave

slow-lane-Matt said:
..but if you ever see a T2 reversing across the Severn Bridge on a windy day, you'll know

:lol: :lol:

Bloody hell Ozzie, you must have forearms like Popeyes now!

Just got in and sat down to read!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Flippin heck man. Glad your ok !
It makes it all the more comforting to know other people do stop and help.
As I said along time ago this forum is the best.

J & P
:D :D :D

my pop top lift on its own last year on the M1 luckily pulled straight on to hard shoulder and no damage was done apart from some damage to my pants :lol:

:shock: glad you and bus survived. i must replace the cable ties holding my roof down with something stronger

Latest posts