• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Vw baywindow 1972 PRICE DROP

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rhosj

Reaction score
Here we have my RHD 72 low light tax exempt early baywindow camper/day van

I bought this in 2007 and intended to use it at the weekends and go to a few show but this never happened

I Mot'd it and used it for a year locally and started to strip the interior..... this then went on to the exterior , engine out etc.

It was fully painted in 2010 where is had the lower parts of the front doors repaired, sliding door lower repair panel other than that is was pretty solid and rust free.

1600cc engine was taken out there was nothing wrong with the engine so i had the carb rebuilt, all new gaskets, new points plugs etc, all painted, j-tubes, empi exhaust, still running a dynamo, new clutch.

While it was being painted i had the wheels sand blasted and painted oew along with the bumpers. new tyres.
I bought a roof rack for it but never fitted it

All new window rubbers, new headlining, sliding leather roof little fiddly to work but the effect when open on a sunny day is amazing.

New seats to the front, rear has been made to be a day van with L shape seating, all new foam.
You could sleep up high on the engine ( i have the old bed frame/slats).
All new curtains.

Wax oil underneath, has been welded in the past by the last owner who owned it for 12 years it is very solid.

Discs brakes to the front

After having it painted i lost interest and its been an on/off project for the last 4/5 years and its got to the point where the little things are not getting finished.

New battery fitted last week

I have taken it for mot and it failed on a 2 ball joint gaiters, a track rod end and the passanger side rear brake is binding.
Its booked back in for saturday morning so will have a new mot

It does need a few things to finishing, needs new front door cards, cupboard needs a door and work top, passenger door dont open from the outside, drivers door needs a shove to open from the inside, few bubbles of paint on the front panel and i guess a frw other bits yoy will find along the way

This van isnt a show winner but on the other hand it aint rusty and is a very good base for someone to finish off and use.
All the hard work has been done and would need very little to become a good usable camper

I have a box full of some old and new parts to go with it as i dont intend to have another van

I have loads of pictures so please request what you require if not shown on the advert

located s.wales
any questions please ask ill try my best to answer them

£10950 Open to sensible offers

car is located blackwood NP12 near cardiff/newport

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281672249032?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

IMG_0387.jpg

IMG_0426.jpg

IMG_0440-1.jpg

IMG_0453.jpg

IMG_0481.jpg

IMG_0763.jpg

003-6.jpg

Latest posts