New to EarlyBay ? Say Hi here ...

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tinypics? Is that a website (which I think got bought out by photobucket and shut down) or some windows software (which I cant install on my work laptop)?

BTW I tried to attach the image as a file, and even though I selected small I got a message saying "board quota exceeded" or something like that. So I gave up. On thelatebay.com I can just attach images from my iphone real easy, even though they end up sideways :roll:

I’m right out of my depth now, but I believe tinypics is a host. If I’m using my iPad there’s a little caption to the left and just below this square I’m writing in now and it says add image to post.

I click on that and it displays ‘ choose images’ and gives me a choice of places to source the image, like my photo library or a couple of other things, click on that and away we go. I only know we need to use a host of some description but no idea why. That’s my bike, he’s a belter int eee. :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,hope that helps :mrgreen:

P.S. that came up as postimages :msn4:

If you have the Tapatalk app you just attach pics from your phone or iPad without having to go through a hosting service like tinypic.
Tapatalk is not free but it’s only some thing like £3 or 4 a year so if your on as much as me it’s worth it.

Howdy all

Gone from a 79 late bay to 71 crossover SA import this summer. I hope I'll be allowed into the club. :) Interestingly it has early style rear lights and bumpers and later style front indicators style. I'm told it's common for the SA imports to be have been slightly oddball with bits fitted.

Welcome all, busses look great, like the green! Yeah mine was red all over at one point in its South African past. The white was very old and not quite the right shade so ive just resprayed the top cloud white. Oh and very nice shed/garage!

b953bae9f40c26ef987fc583c2e234a9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G9600 using Tapatalk

sparkywig said:

Very nice shed

It was also very very common for any repairs done during certain periods, to end up with the later front panel as some of the time it may have been the only one available. Great shed tooo :mrgreen:

Ozziedog ,,,,So big big welcome to you , your shed, your front panel and your bus :mrgreen:

ozziedog said:
sparkywig said:

Very nice shed

It was also very very common for any repairs done during certain periods, to end up with the later front panel as some of the time it may have been the only one available. Great shed tooo :mrgreen:

Ozziedog ,,,,So big big welcome to you , your shed, your front panel and your bus :mrgreen:

If the vents on the rear are half moon then your bus is probably not a crossover and as Ozzie says, frontend repairs tended you use the latebay front panel.
Oh - nice shed and welcome :mrgreen:

Hello again.

After selling my 72 Dormobile 10 years and running a Beetle for a few years I've finally got back into the Early Bay world with a 1970 Dormobile. It's interesting to see even after a 10 year hiatus that some of the 'eternal' threads are still alive!

Andy

Benyon said:
Hello again.

After selling my 72 Dormobile 10 years and running a Beetle for a few years I've finally got back into the Early Bay world with a 1970 Dormobile. It's interesting to see even after a 10 year hiatus that some of the 'eternal' threads are still alive!

Andy

Howdy :D

Benyon said:
Hello again.

Andy

Hiya and welcome back, took your time dint you :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,another dormy, brill. :mrgreen:

Hi - I am new to this so not sure if below request is in the right forum. Have been working on below project for a while and trying to get it moved on but have a few questions, if anyone can assist I would be grateful....

I have a 71 early bay and attempting to rebuild engine (had decided on a 1776 and think i am not going for a stroker due to the extra cost). Not going to be a daily driver more weekends but looking to cruise at 70mph on motorway (have two big dogs and some camping gear)? Overall want something reliable that can cruise on a motorway and won't slow down too much on the hills.

I am not sure what cam to buy to get the best set up - any ideas - have seen varying reports but am getting a bit confused with most suitable lift/duratyion and best set up (Engle 100 and 110 mentioned a lot on forums and bug pack 4061).

I have bought some Kadron carbs that I will need to set up and am not sure where to fit an adaptor for the servo brake tube?.
Also I was not sure if i would be wise to change the gearbox set up at some stage to get a higher speed - and keep the torque for hills - i am not sure if i might do this later due to cost (appears to be over 1k for recon box with the right gear set up).

I am after some dual port heads (maybe new) - wanted to keep a decent compression set up so thought I need reasonable quality (anyone selling something suitable?) - I have read you can gain a lot from having work completed on the heads (not sure if anyone recommends anyone to do the work on heads) and possibly a three angle job on the valves (I was considering stainless steel and stronger springs).
Many thanks Mark

Latest posts