MyVanWay California Westfalia tintop....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good! I'm guessing theres going to be a fair amount of work to get the rear axle nut to clear those wheels. Nice job so far and keep the pics coming.

squareweave said:
I'm guessing theres going to be a fair amount of work to get the rear axle nut to clear those wheels.

As 'Sir Tom Jones' would say.....

"YEAH" 8)

After help from Sparkywig, Mycha and a few others to figure out what I need to do we came up with:
Latebay half shafts are shorter 24mm, so then we need to machine down the snout of the drum accordingly..... and modify the inner centre of the back of the wheel slightly.
This work is yet to be carried out so I'm sure there will be more issues along the way.

Big thanks to Biagio Chrzanowski of World Wild Wagens for getting the Bus to this stage. 8)

Rolling on crome BRM's on slam tyres and stock rears until we sort the rear hubs and get the front notched.
Then we will get the stance perfected for what is functional to my needs.
Shit pics, only had my phone on me and the sun was goin down!

Wheels of choice...
Randar RDW's

Wheels Imported by Biagio Chrzanowski of World Wild Wagens.

http://www.worldwildwagens.com/index.html#home" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

stuif said:
Love the wheels, what size tires you have at the front ??

Still trying to figure that one out!?
Front wheels are 4.5, I want them as high rated as possible for the bus but they need to be fairly low profile.

165/50/15 seems to be the choice for others but alway open to good advise!
(The tyre tread on here gives lots of options!)

http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=7365" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hi mate, great wheel choice!
I've wanted a set of these for a while, I'm guessing they don't fit on rear without some modifications :?
How much did they cost? PM if you like ;)
Cheers Paul

Latest posts