MyVanWay California Westfalia tintop....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Today I fitted my Buttys Bits throttle kit that I purchased at Aircooled 14. :mrgreen:

Haven't took the van out yet but it seems to have brought the pedal right up so id imagine the response under toe should be noticeable.
springs back well too. Dead easy to fit.
Great bit of kit... No sticker though! :lol: Maybe if I ask nicely! 8)

Cool. 8)

Sywell Airshow yesterday to see the Red Arrows and the last Two flying Lancasters in the world.
Peeps came all round the world to se the event but the weather messed it up..... Lancs never left Lincoln. :(
Some of the old/rare planes didn't fly unfortunately... but the wind was crazy!

But the Arrows didn't let us down. 8)
:character0028:

Few sweet rides too..

Arrows Video Clip. 8)

Click on Pic.

Few thing put a lump in my throat.... It was emotional! 8)
Going to try again to see the Lancs Thursday at Clacton.... on the Beach..... weather permitting! 8)

And finished Carport finally.....

VW Action soon ABW...

Great photo's. Thank you. Hope you spotted the buddy box.
Comes in so handy. I have installed a light into it so that if you lift the lid at night you can see what's inside.

J & P
:D :D :D

I've been looking at my vans history of late as I have a lot of history with it,after a massive search on NET I found the guy in Cali that owned it before it was imported to Bristol 8) and decided to email him.... :mrgreen:

Hi
Yes that's our old vw.
Looks real nice. We were the third owner, bought it around 84 and sold it to a rabid collector from the uk about 6 yrs ago. Hope you found the hammock that goes across the front seats. I'm really pleased that it found a second life. When I sold it that was more important to me. That's why i included all the original extras
Hope you enjoy camping in it,.
Ps I'll look for a photo of it with the roof rack filled, rubber raft on top, 4 bikes hanging off the back, towing a sailboat, and with the four of and the dog on vacation. It's pretty funny.

Well chuffed, and hope I can trace it back to the first owner.....

:mrgreen:

Had a reply from Ted (Previous owner from Cali) today, still hoping for some pics of the van in Cali! 8)

Hi Paul
I think I sold it to the importer (to the UK) He comes overs in the summer to buy them in Calif.
Nice guy, I forget his name, but his email was something like chickenshackUK.
He was excited about finding it and was anxious to go camping with his wife and young daughter.
When it was new and up till I sold it it was living about 15 miles from the ocean in Orange County by Disneyland. So the air was mostly dry. It was driven to the beach often, first by a family of surfers and then with me to the family beach at Huntington and then finally mostly Huntington Dog Beach.
I guess I owned it for 25 years.
We traded in the old '63 bus when my daughter came along as the older bus had a straight bench front seat.
With 2 kids, we needed to be able to get back to them as we were driving along, and as the bus was my wifes primary car when the kids were small.
On vacation, it was throughout California and the coast, sometimes making it to into Mexico.
Later we got other cars and didnt want the VW to just sit outside any longer and sold it.
I see that the lock is still on the gas door. The previous owner put that on in the 70s -when we had a gasoline crisis to keep the gas from being siphoned while out surfing. And the tear on the back seat was from the kids car seats.
Hope you enjoy it as much as we did.
Ted

Latest posts