My 71 bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks gninnam and dub boy, it's not easy working on the drive but needs must and all that. I will get there.

Caboose said:
Thanks gninnam and dub boy, it's not easy working on the drive but needs must and all that. I will get there.
check my resto thread ,i bought a cheap giant party gazebo off flea bay ,its looking a bit sad now but its been up a fair while and it keeps the weather off you. i just needed to crack on :D

I checked out your resto thread dub boy top work going on there, I think I'll look into getting something like that, makes a huge difference keeping the weather off.

i'm beginning to wonder if i'll ever get this van on the road :roll:
null_zps4145d1f2.jpg

null_zpsdb656021.jpg

null_zpsf41338ce.png

Managed to scald them at work involved seriously hot water in underfloor heating system, and yes they are F@uking sore :shock: :shock:

Yeah there sore alright, I hope they heal quickly too myvanway doh! Try typing with me thumb :lol:

If all else fails type with your nose :D
Hope those fingers will heal soon. Must be a pain not being able to use your fingers.
Get well soon so you can finisg that van.

They sure do look painful ! I'd like someone to have a look at one of the pics near the beginning of the thread. The pic shows the accelerator linkage and a hitch hiker in the chassis....or is it just my imagination? A lot of our van looked like that after being stored in a garden for a few years. It'll be worth all the work in the end.

frod said:
They sure do look painful ! I'd like someone to have a look at one of the pics near the beginning of the thread. The pic shows the accelerator linkage and a hitch hiker in the chassis....or is it just my imagination? A lot of our van looked like that after being stored in a garden for a few years. It'll be worth all the work in the end.

4th pic down on page 1 ? Looks like a bat in the chassis ?! :shock: :lol:
Hope your fingers heal soon mate ,looks nasty.

squirt72 said:
frod said:

4th pic down on page 1 ? Looks like a bat in the chassis ?! :shock: :lol:
Hope your fingers heal soon mate ,looks nasty.

WTF!!!!!, you could be right I'm going to take a look when it stops raining as if it's ever going to stop Bat or Rat? Bring a whole new meaning of the Rat look :lol:

Does look like there is something in the chassis rail - well spotted.

And as for your fingers, makes me sound like a puff with my minor skin loss :)

I must be losing the plot I took those pic's ages ago, and I've just taken a look for the creature :lol:

OUCH , How many swear words were used when that happened? you could name this bus the bat mobile :lol:

Had a clearout today got rid of p.o's interior all side panels, laminate flooring mdf (soaked) and copious amounts of rockwool in every crevice you can think of forgot to take pictures. Also put a 3/4 rock & roll bed and a rear bench seat on the for sale forum open to any reasonable offers.

slowly slowly catchy monkey :lol: managed to get a little bit done today :D

null_zps939e5046.jpg

null_zps61c31d0c.jpg

null_zps85b56142.jpg

null_zps94ccfe99.jpg

null_zpsc6ebaf08.jpg

top of chassis leg welded and cleaned up :D
null_zps039e4a8d.jpg

strengthener plate welded in place
null_zpsaf4452b5.jpg

repair to lower part of chassis leg cleaned up
null_zps938af1d2.jpg

null_zps23c76d0f.jpg

coat of zinc primer looking better already
camper018.jpg

before
null_zps645fe340.jpg

after, had a little poke around front jacking point/outrigger yucky poo plates galore

Latest posts