my 68 delux

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dubbedup67 said:
Analog said:
looks good,

i have a question, how has this got a kansas back plate and a colorado front? but came from california?
It looks odd doesn't it.
Well she was origionally from kansas n the moved to Colorado.she was then bought by the guy who sold me her in Cali,but never registered it for California.

Whilst I was clearing her out I found a massive wad of previos service history dating back to 1997,she's been everywhere,
Kansas,Seattle,Washington,new England,Colorado n then California.

run the m-plate itll tell you where it was delivered to in the us mine went to los angles =P then new mexico an now its here with me in south mississippi =]

i love that colour too dude that looks like sun baked to me deffo from the west!!

Looking better! I'm jealous - you have interior cards and a head lining!

I agree a bit with Moler earlier. :oops:

Running - I'm sure it'll be the carb - you may need to be brutal with the cleaning - I tried all day and eventually used some really nasty cleaner that did the trick (and took the paint off the workshop floor). A few gallons of fresh petrol also helped. and blowing it out full pressure.

Know what I'd do with the rear corner? I'd twisted knot wire wheel on angle grinder to get rid of all the filler and rust as best you can and paint it. You can't beat proper accident damage for 8) in my opinion. You can always tackle it later if it pisses you off, but this'll cost you nothing. Looks crap how the boys left it. What did it look like before?

Hi, Nice Bus :D

I have quiet a similar looking bus
Its a 1970 Bay deluxe

Maybe your bus is similar to mine and you could help me with some stuff.

Here is the link to check out my bus:
http://forum.earlybay.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=35074" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Again, Nice Bus.

Thanks guys.
Zedbed,the carb is nackered,someone has silicone sealented the idle screw in!! A new carb is on its way.
I know what you mean about the rear corner,the guys at the workshop didn't do it I did.lol.I am eventually gonna take it back but it looks like the whole rear corner Is filler,hense why I've just primered it as it is for now.

Nivaan10
What do u need help with dude.il try n help as best I can.:)

Matt

ZedBed said:
dubbedup67 said:
...the guys at the workshop didn't do it I did.lol.
Oops - top job Matt.
It's ok dude.I kno it looks a bit rubbish but it's the best I can do 4 now,wanna get her thru an MOT n then I can prat around with stuff like that.haha.

dubbedup67 said:
ZedBed said:
dubbedup67 said:
...the guys at the workshop didn't do it I did.lol.
Oops - top job Matt.
It's ok dude.I kno it looks a bit rubbish but it's the best I can do 4 now,wanna get her thru an MOT n then I can prat around with stuff like that.haha.
ha-ha - I know mate - couldn't find the appropriate tonque in cheek style smiley. :lol:

right little update.

ive done a little bit more to dorothy
,shes now all colour matched with a colour as near as i could find.
both bumpers are now on,both front seats are in.
ive cleaned the cab out fully,just needs a damn good wipe.
and i swapped my badge for a painted ratty one.looks loads better,ive painted it primer white so it matches the bumpers
fitted my new 68 only wiper arm.
and the big one,my mate come round and wired her up.:D
she now has fully working lights,indicators,stop and tail lights and a working horn.
proper chuffed.

just need to get the engine running and its mot time.
proper chuffed again.

quick question,the boots on my ball joints are split as well as 1 cv boot but theres still plenty of grease in them .will these fail an mot?

anyway a few pics i took tonight,bit crap but you get the idea,il take more tomorrow when its light.

DSCF2262.jpg

DSCF2261.jpg

DSCF2263.jpg

laters

Split CV boots and ball joint boots can't in themselves fail the MOT. But the ball joints might if they have excessive play. It's difficult to judge this yourself, so I'd suggest leave them as they are until after MOT. If the joints fail replace, if they don't - do the boots? That's what I do for my customers - free retest so it's suck it and see.;)

ZedBed said:
Split CV boots and ball joint boots can't in themselves fail the MOT. But the ball joints might if they have excessive play. It's difficult to judge this yourself, so I'd suggest leave them as they are until after MOT. If the joints fail replace, if they don't - do the boots? That's what I do for my customers - free retest so it's suck it and see.;)

cheers for that man.
where do you live? i doubt anywhere near me or id bring her to you for her MOT.haha

dubbedup67 said:
ZedBed said:

cheers for that man.
where do you live? i doubt anywhere near me or id bring her to you for her MOT.haha
Workshop is nr Mildenhall, Suffolk.

I find a good general angle of attack is to do all the obvious bigger jobs needed for the MOT and leave all the things that are borderline or down to judgement like wheel bearings, ball joints etc. You get 10 working days to get it back for a partial re-test - plenty of time for any the bits and bobs and you have a handy fail list to work through.

ZedBed said:
dubbedup67 said:
ZedBed said:

cheers for that man.
Workshop is nr Mildenhall, Suffolk.

I find a good general angle of attack is to do all the obvious bigger jobs needed for the MOT and leave all the things that are borderline or down to judgement like wheel bearings, ball joints etc. You get 10 working days to get it back for a partial re-test - plenty of time for any the bits and bobs and you have a handy fail list to work through.

bugger your miles away.haha

yeah that sounds like a plan.
my MOT guy is usually quite leaniant about little things too so he might let me off.

ok.
another rather productive day,admittedly a painful one.
i pulled my back at work so work on the bus today was....shall we say....steady. :lol:

anyway
ive cleaned the entire inside out,vaccuumed out all the dust and then attacked the dash with washing up liquid and hot water.
it worked alright but i think im gonna get some of that dash shine stuff.
i even gave the front seats a damn good clean and put some new covers on. ;)
DSCF2275.jpg

DSCF2278.jpg

^^ the carpet is temporary.

and then i got bored so i decided id fit my rnr bed and make a simple rough interior.its all coming back out again for insulation and stuff but doesnt look bad eh?
DSCF2282.jpg

DSCF2283.jpg

my mum recoverd the seats,the bed is in the same stuff as the bit over the engine.
im gonna get some better/nicer carpet and fit my curtains next,then insulation and then i can get cabinet making.

happy days

laters

OK just a quick one

been playing in photoshop and have come up with this idea for sign writing

opinions please,may vary slightly

DOTTY-1.jpg

and i got bored coz of havin to do little with my back :evil: i decided to see if i could brighten up my table
DSCF2289.jpg

it still need something to seal it all in and make it wipeable,varnish maybe.
but i love it

thats all for now,pain killer time.. :lol: :(
laters

What about fiberglass resin? That is how we made some wood tables. We put pictures on them and then spread fiberglass resin over them. It works great on wood and pictures. Only thing we found with this, is one time he tried to fix some VW floor pans and he used some magazine pictures. He found that some of the magazine picture's back sides ( the print on the other side of the picture) would bleed through! So if you decided to use the resin, you may want to test some of the pics first, before doing your table. That is if you have some extras that you can test!

justcruzin said:
What about fiberglass resin? That is how we made some wood tables. We put pictures on them and then spread fiberglass resin over them. It works great on wood and pictures. Only thing we found with this, is one time he tried to fix some VW floor pans and he used some magazine pictures. He found that some of the magazine picture's back sides ( the print on the other side of the picture) would bleed through! So if you decided to use the resin, you may want to test some of the pics first, before doing your table. That is if you have some extras that you can test!

haha wow u used magazine papers to fix floorpans??

we would have the book thrown at us for that over here in britain.lol.

seriously tho.
fiberglass resin sounds like it could be the trick,i can always print off some more pics n have a go with them

cheers dude

dubbedup67 said:
justcruzin said:

seriously tho.
fiberglass resin sounds like it could be the trick,i can always print off some more pics n have a go with them

cheers dude

No, he used fiberglass to fix some of the rust holes in the battery trays back in the day. Just put magazine pics in for fun. Not the best way to repair it but if the person was on a budget, they were ok with that type of fix instead of a floor pan replacement! Made them float too! LOL Ok, not really! :D

justcruzin said:
dubbedup67 said:
justcruzin said:

seriously tho.

cheers dude

No, he used fiberglass to fix some of the rust holes in the battery trays back in the day. Just put magazine pics in for fun. Not the best way to repair it but if the person was on a budget, they were ok with that type of fix instead of a floor pan replacement! Made them float too! LOL Ok, not really! :D

haha oh i see.
cleaver thinking,gives the inpector man something to read. :lol:

Latest posts