my 1971 danburyfalia pop top project

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think its getting aired next July. It basically follows 15 different house owners doing up their dream homes
It's a one hour long show per house so quite in depth. No money in it, you just get a nice dvd of your house build.

well its been a while since my last confession :(

the bus is still in its tent round the back of my workshop. no progress has been made on it since the waxoiling other than popping to see stu down at midland paintworks to treat my bus to a stainless steel beltline trim 8)
i really need to get round there and sort some stuff out as i now own three sets of beltlines for it.

the good news for my bus is that at christmas i moved into the house (it wasn't finished at the time) and i have been working ever since to get it to a better level.

this weekend just gone i filmed the last instalment of the tv program that has been following us in the rebuild so i feel i have had a weight lifted from me. no more pressure to work on my house every last minute which is just aswell since in now work away in runcorn monday to friday every week :(

the good news for the bus is in two weeks time i have a gap in my diary and by hook or by crook i aim to spend a day on it. just to go round there and sit in it for a bit (sad i know) i have not given up the dream even though it has been over 7 years since it came off the road. i have even had a driveway layed at the new house which i missing a bus.

i really can't see me finishing my bus ever but can't give up on the work i have put into it. i am almost considering comissioning someone to help me in the rebuild but how much would that cost? the longer it goes on the more that seems like an option.

Here is my new drive to inspire me on to finish the bus. it took a lot of digging, we even replced the main water feed to the house and layed new drains while it was dug out but that memory is now distant

Absolutely awesome the amount of pressure you've put yourself under and seems everything is coming together.

Keep positive, it's hard yes I'm at a very stage with my bus at the moment, sometimes feel like your going backwards.

I'm hoping for a completion around October at the latest, if not I'll wait til next year to put it on the road.

Keep smiling :D

Ben

rallye dale said:
Ughhhhh Runcorn :cry: :lol: , its not far from me, but far enough ;)

Good work now crack on with the bus :D

My friend from Chester has a joke that usually gets mentioned every time I see him

I once had a girlfriend who asked me to kiss her where it smells

I took her to runcorn :)

Doris said:
Its the smell from Widnes that drifts over to Runcorn! ;-)

don't i know it mate. i have a guy who washes my golf at work every tuesday. by the time i drive home on friday it is covered with whatever coloured dust ICI have churned out that week. Orange, Red, and Green so far

Good luck with your spare time dude, great to hear that you have a little spare for the project.
There are more than a few people that will be excited to see some progress on the bus even if it is just a picture of the inside. That paint should have hardened off nicely while its been sat having a little rest.
Driveway looks great BTW :mrgreen: , I bet the rest of the house looks amazing. After seeing the pictures of when you had just bought it and how it must look now I'm as excited to see the house as well as the bus! :D What show is the house build on :?:

the show is called my derralict dream home. it is pretty much like grand designs but on a sky living and without the massive budgets that those projects have. it was meant to air in July this year but only 4 of the 15 projects have moved in. its nice to be in but still loads to do.

i'll give you a shout when its on. :D

bless me father. its been a good while since my last update.

the job iin Runcorn has been and gone. new jone in Burton on Trent now gained which means i am at ome mid week. progress on the house has been good which in turn means car projects can come back into play.

the house is till bleeding me dry. though have finished the loft and payed for the dropped kerbs to access my drives (£2800 for what ended up being an enntire pavement, and even harder to get up than the previous undropped kerbed. though the neighbours now acknowledge it)

lost the garage to be the music room but plans are a foot for a new double garage to house the new motor

those of you who scour the classifieds on here will have noticed a severe kull of my wheel collection on here and on vzi.
it is great to see them go to some great bus builds around. all proceeds along with the pavement went to this

mid life crissis? i had one of those at 25 and bought a 205gti!!!! and got burnt......

thought i'd do it all again at 39!!!! 40 next year so the clock was ticking so had to buy one.

had it three months and in that time have done 60 miles a day in it (luckily its not low milage so not precious). as of last weekend though i bought some new rims and hopefully tomorrow some springs so it has stayed standard long enough. watch this space.

my t4 has gone too (all in one weekend, found a guy who wanted to swap his low milage touran and a fist full of cash for it) i do miss it in a transit kind of way. tourans are soo nothing, and for a 50k 55 plate is as rotten as a pear though hoping vw will take care of that.

i havent spent much time on cars of late but yesterday spent two hours tar removing the front wheel arch liner and t cutting the brake calliper. it felt sooooo good. i'm back with a bang, it felt so good.

i know its not bus progress but its teasing me back in. i popped round the other day to take some d90s off the bus fo lard on here and had a little stroke of it whilst dropping it back on some cup1s (it felt so good to see it).

i will hopefully be round there tomorrow to sell some more wheels to free up more cash. i have a little more work to do on the garage conversion, then i have promised my bus it will get some time.

may even do some shows this coming year and truely get back on the horse.

2015, new pesimistic bus target. five years late! better late than than never. Luckily some other slow creepers on here make me feel not so slow ;)

All's looking good Andy, glad you finally bought the 911 you always wanted dude. Nothing have a goal and achieving it....what bit did I buy??? Keep smiling butt!!! Ben

Nice car Andy and glad to see you are still around :)

Not even an aircooled Porsche........ :lol:

Welcome back and good to hear that you are still with us :mrgreen:

2015, new pesimistic bus target. five years late! better late than than never. Luckily some other slow creepers on here make me feel not so slow

You are defo not alone Andy...... I'm still trying to find time to reassemble mine also! However 1 toddler, 1 newborn and two house moves have put pay to that for the last, uhmmm number of years!!!!

If I knew then all the delays that I would face now, I'd have left it well alone and just driven it!
I'm not giving up though, it will be finished......... one day :roll:

Dan

ps. damn fine Porsche!

Cheers guys

I would have gone for an air cooled but didn't have the cash for the 993 c4s that I wanted as they are 20k more than I payed for this one.
You can't rack the miles up on a classic either as the purists would be out with their pitch forks.

Wide bodied turbo looks 62 in 5 secs and 175 top end for £14k :D

Fair enough (my daily does 0-60 in 6.5 seconds and on to 155 - limited - for £7.5k - will be for sale if anyone interested!!) and also German ;)

Love The build bus build so far and can’t wait to see at one of the shows
I also own a RHD 1970 Danbury and have done for the past 15 years ,It’s good to see another UK bus survive,
The air-cooled vw seen needs more of this creatively keep up the splendid work

Latest posts