Meet Gertie the rotten 72 lowlight crossover :)

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My RHD sliding door wasn’t that bad. Lower part just rotten enough to accomodate new metalwork. Eventually a great renovation result. A decent vintage replacement find can be tricky. But you can be lucky on somewhere like ebay and get a result. But far and few between. I’ve seen them for several £100s of pounds and still needing a bit of work. Parts Emporium have from time to time. Is it Schofield’s as usual for decent metalwork? There’s a couple on eBay at the moment in better condition than your 8 year old dirty stop out who was partying and dancing in the rain ownership. Worth a look.
Item number 323283581822 £75 starting bid or £150 buy it now. Have a look.

Alan Schofields are selling inner and outer sliding door skins for about £25 each. As you already know, it depends how much the rust damage is up from bottom. 👍👎 and do you want or have metal to fill any gap if it’s too much. Big fat places of door repair stick out like sore thumbs if they’re not as smooth as smooth. Especially with darker paint choices.
Also, another eBay

Item number 202326191870 £125 buy it now. Mind you......is yours RHD? Looks like it. Unless you’ve reversed your upload pics.

Back working offshore as of this Tuesday gone so hopefully I'll be in a position to start spending a few quid and afford the time to get back into it.

Latest posts