Master cylinder to reservoir pipe

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elibomrod

Reaction score
Hi, my 1968 bay has a bodged brake reservoir and the feed pipe is leaking...only noticed as taking the paint off behind my bambo shelf!

I have looked at the normal website heritage, jk etc and I can get the reservoir easily but not clear what pipe I need...there are only ones for 1973+, one looks straight and 24 " long, the other has one curved end.

Anyone know the part no or experience of the part which fits? I have measured the spacing on the master cylinder - 100mm

Can't add the photo as the quota has been reached.

Cheers

Si

Hello mate, sorry I can`t help with pipe issue, but I might be able to help with the pictures thing. :mrgreen:
Click on Board Index, go down about 50mm then you see Forum Advice, click on that and you`ll get about a dozen or so topics / threads, go all the way down and click on the last but one topic / thread and you`ll then be able to do the pictures. It`s actually easy and even I can do it, sometimes I forget :roll: and have to have another little read myself as a reminder (old and daft me) :lol:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Good luck bud :mrgreen:

Is it the clear plastic brittle pipe? I had to replace mine in my 71 - the reservoir is in a different place but not sure if the pipe is the same diameter. I had loads of trouble finding a replacement and ended up using some 12.5mm brake fluid resistant rubber pipe. Think I have a length left if needed.

If you use the original rigid plastic pipe you will need a rubber fitting at each end.

I too went the brake fluid resistant rubber pipe path. You need EPDM rubber 12.5mm ID.

Cheap as chips on eBay.

Phil.

Latest posts