Jimmy our 68 westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Myvanway said:
Congratulations to you all dude. :)

Getting a little tight in the old bus now ay Adam.....!?

..................Rapido! ;-) Lol.
Cheers mate, can't wait to introduce him to you all :)

Haha something could be on the cards. Going to give it a try at the start of next year and see how we get on......

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Wow 6 month since the last update, it's been a busy one with a house move. It's given me a nice double garage to work on the bus :D before moving in the garage doors were measured multiple times (take note StuF!) and if I went as low as possible we could just squeeze in through the up and over door. First thing on the list was new roller doors, one in one to go!

IMG_20180422_161745.jpg

At the end of last year a noticed a slight loss of brake fluid and narrowed it down to the rear end. As I was taking it all apart again it seemed like a good time to replace the drums as I had one dodgy one so bought a nice new set :D expensive 68 only parts though!

I might have overfilled the bearing on this side!

Found the culprit! It's an FTE cylinder thats only been on a couple of years :evil:

All rebuilt and back together

Halfway point and a little lopsided as I raised it back up whilst I was at it:

Other side needed a good clean but nothing leaking:

And back together

The old (good) one looks to have a lot of life left in it, might have to sell it!

So next weekend is another quick bleed as the pedal is a little soft and then some adjustment before heading to stanford hall for the day. We should be ready for early bay campout!

Cheers guys :) nice to be able to work on it under cover!

That's the plan mate, won't be in the line up this year though. Probably for the best as we aren't sure if Ted will last the full day

67westy said:

Just keep rubbing it in! We'll be up at Stanford on Sunday in the truck but there none the less!

Give it a few months and you can be showing off with your lift and double roller door :D

StuF said:
67westy said:

Just keep rubbing it in! We'll be up at Stanford on Sunday in the truck but there none the less!
By truck do you mean the new hairdresser car....

pkrboo said:
StuF said:
67westy said:

I took this picture of stu and his new car:

194224fe06d782cf71044f05bd37dfd.jpg

And this is his new bumper sticker

20b72a2dff2862f52bf4188bd63d714.jpg

67westy said:
pkrboo said:
StuF said:
I took this picture of stu and his new car:

194224fe06d782cf71044f05bd37df6d.jpg

Haha, suits styou!!

Wow, nearly 3 years since I updated here. A few bits have changed since, solar added rapido purchased and 2 towbars so will try and post something for posterity soon. Latest arrival this week is modern brakes :) when I looked at the csp kits years ago they had to have 15" wheels so now they have a 14" version it's time to change, hopefully fitting the kit at Easter. Looking forward to not having to regularly adjust them

6237087ceed6e33b718254d810ac8d5a.jpg
bd87779989510dba53196ff3bf4824bc.jpg
85b255fe0afdf5615062c34fe7e9b389.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

Hi Mike, I went with solid. Given a fairly stock engine I didn't think I would get much benefit with drilled really. Don't brake particularly hard, I guess it may benefit down hill whilst towing but never really had an issue on drums and I think any disc would be an improvement.

Servo will be on the list next, maybe end of the year or early next year

I figured they deserved some better pics :) also a record of the part numbers for future reference. Stu has suggested upgrading the pads to ebc green stuff so will grab a set before they go on
942ceda9af14f3e5ad34372bf989b041.jpg
bcbff7a2fe456fcc3322a44e22d37ca8.jpg
0ff9c416c7be749b9bdb6940ee459675.jpg
9babf9ae56b8ecea7148b70274dc2658.jpg

Snap! Just bought exactly the same kit, taking advantage of Heritage’s 14% off Valentine’s Day special. I’m just waiting for them to sort out an issue with two of the pads being damaged.

Do you know what callipers they are in case I have to go searching for some replacement (upgraded) pads?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great minds and all that :) the box for my pads was battered but they survived. Putting them in with the calipers maybe isn't the best packaging idea. Stu has these ebc pads but has the 15" setup so I need to check the pads are the same before ordering http://www.ebcbrakesdirect.com/automotive/Partno/dp2325

Latest posts