Jan 68 Wesfalia SO-67

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spent the day at the father in laws. We're making a reproduction of the original Westy interior using exact measurements and materials.

The old was rotten in places and didn't fancy putting back.

First trip in the van with the family, spent the weekend in Anglesey.
Loaded with gear including a family of four including the dog the van drove faultlessly during the two hour journey both ways.

This was the trial run prior to the journey to the Lattitude Festival, Suffolk in just under two weeks, so very pleased.

Friday night weather was slimply biblical. Never camped in worst. Thunder, lightening and torrential rain, however, the JK 360 awning that i scored did it's job, however, at one point was convinced it wouldn't.

Had a great time and drawn up a small snag list of little jobs and bits that need doing to finish things off as it will be used regularly for trips like this.

The VW Aircooled Works fire suppression gets fitted this week as well as oil pressure & temperature gauges, plus Smiths retro tacho to ensure I keep below the 4200 RPM, following set up on a rolling road.

Will keep my eyes open for this as you are up my way soon , If you come through Woodbridge let me know

Looking really good this bus 8)

8)

Wheels and hub caps really work well with the rest of the van.

gninnam said:
8)

Wheels and hub caps really work well with the rest of the van.

Thanks......unfortunately i lost the front offside hub cap taking the bus for a run having fitted the bar earlier.

I heard the bloody thing come off, however, after doing a quick u turn and ten minutes looking gave up in the end.

I'll have another look tomorrow, if not will have to get some more powder coated.... :(

aogrady said:
Looks lush! Are they powdercoated pearl white?

Alistair

I'm not certain of the colour. I was having some of the Westy Rock n Roll bed metal parts powder coated ( same colour) and threw in the caps for curiosity sake.

I'll be going back to collect some other wheels later this week and dropping off more caps so will ask.

Mike

gninnam said:
Nice pics 8)

How was the day with the mag people then?

Thanks.........it's not very rock n roll. You're stood around for hours whilst a freelance photographer takes pictures. :shock:

well done mike , and the sun showed it's face for you , do i spy something missing off the front ?
Midlandpaintwerks

Latest posts