Boris

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi CS,
The third picture down is from the top of the hill that overlooks Portreath, during our visit to Evil Bens .
However the second one is from between Polperro and Millendrieth and we walked down Talland hill not up thank goodness.

Great time had

J & P
:D :D :D

Cool thanks for that info, didn't think it was on my patch :) What drew my attention to it is that it looks like a quality bass fishing spot. Can the beach be accessed, bearing in mind I'm not shy of going down cliff face goat paths?

Other than the fact that I killed both batteries over the weekend all went well.
Could only make one night this year but still chuffed we made the effort.

50th Anniversary of EB and a magical line up of 65 to boot. Obligatory sticker strategically placed,
both new t shirts ready to be worn and some great pic's of both of us.(Thanks Ozzie).
Managed a small video on the phone as well.

Well this weekend will be spent going over and trying to find out why the Durite split charger did not protect
the main starter battery and a recheck of the tappets.
Have a great week all.

J & P

Hi J, I think we passed you on the M5 a couple of Sundays ago. You were heading west.....we had the Puck on the back of the T5 heading back to Taunton from Exeter.

I think you pointed!!!

Hi Matt. Yes , did not know it was you was just pointing out the Puck to Pippa. (ever hopeful)
We were on our way down to Looe for some coastal path walking. Spent a week there.
Is your bus up and running with the new engine yet.?

J & P

So after the eventful trip to Banbury and killing both batteries in the bus I spent Saturday trying to narrow down the fault.
2 and a half hours later success. Turns out that the radio has a back feed in it somewhere and was draining with everything off.
Have now installed a cut out switch to isolate the radio from the power when parked up and not using. Should work, fingers crossed.
The radio is an import job and no chance of exchange. Good combination otherwise.

Then this morning I snatched the opportunity to redo the tappets as I was not very happy with the sound on our Banbury trip.

Photo's look similar but different days. Well hopefully that's it now until we go down to Hayling island for a weekend to see
a cousin of mine I have not seen for over 25 years. :shock: :party0049: EXCITED.

Have a good week everyone.

J & P

Well been a while since the last post and been on a couple of trips since.
Managed a trip away for 2 nights to Southampton to watch South Africa play England.
England won of course and great game at the end, very exciting.

These chaps made it onto the TV , they were just in front of us to the left.
Pippa in full concentration mode with some grub. Great weekend away.
And the what I am told is the GNOME selfie :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And this past weekend we spent the night on Hayling island so on Sunday I could see a long ago seen cousin.
Was well over 25 years since but he has not changed much and was great to get out in Boris and see him again.

Next trip away in Boris will be GLASTONBURY am so excited. :D :D

Have a great week everyone.

J & P

So finally found some time to do this update. Glastonbury in Boris was a Blast. Above are just a few of the pic's. To many.
Left home Tuesday morning at 9h30 and was set up in camp at 11h30 bonus. Bummed around first two days looking etc.
Music from Thursday to Sunday. Packed up on Sunday morning and left 3 songs before the end. Home and in bed at 12h30.
Up Sunday and Boris got a damn good cleaning. Dust got in everywhere, better than mud so all in all FANTASTIC TIME.

Prom run on Friday for some youg Ladies, with photo's apparently. Will update soon. Have a great week all.

J & P

8) Looks like you had a good time at Glasto. It's nice to come back to the campervan after a hard day at a music festival :lol:

We are looking forward to the Cambridge Folk Festival later this month :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: What a laugh, Boris got to do a Prom Run for a neighbour down the road.
They enjoyed the trip the photo's and I got to dress up a little and enjoyed the ride. Boris even had his petrol paid for.
Apparently a lot cheaper than a Limo, and looks a damn side cooler. Great fun had.

Have a good weekend.

J & P

Quite weekend for us , Pippa then says we should go out on Sunday for a drive. I agree :) :)
The problem is there is still to much oil in the engine from the trip back from Plymouth.
And I am not certain I have not done some harm driving it back overfull.
Sunday morning up early shoot out to garage and remove sump plug dump a load of oil.
Locktite the thread and replace as quick as I can. Top up with fresh to the right level.
Go inside quick shower and were off. Great day out in the bus. The pic is on top of the Exmoor's.

Spotted on FBook the fire on the M5 . Was an EB , hope all were ok , the driver looked absolutely gutted in the picture.
Was between Tiverton and Wellington. We did not see it as we were on the back roads.

Anyway , have a good week people.

J & P

Latest posts