Boris

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Stu will be looking at in near future.

So I have been battling with bits of plastic to cover the roof rack when needed.
Got so fed up splashed out on a cover specially made for me by this company.
Tough canvas material. Worth looking into. No affiliation just good service.

http://www.bags2cover.co.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So this arrived in the post made to my measurements. Fantastic piece of kit.
Was well worth the money £48 including postage, has drawstring so pulls tight
under edge of roof rack. No more flapping bits to stop and tuck in. Made deeper
so can go higher if needed. Will be ordering more for things like solar panel and
porta loo as well as time goes by.

20160713_171403_zpsynfr77ab.jpg

20160713_171440_zpsxloz3wm9.jpg

received_1788313214730701_zpsd4p1axf9.jpeg

Finished article on the roof.

The young lass is a friend who we went to congratulate on her completion of the Coastal path,
all 630 miles in 10 weeks non stop, done for her charity for Rare Blood Cancers, of which she suffers.

20160714_161333_zpsm92sjpvh.jpg

20160714_214352_zpszedchgnk.jpg

Above is the view we had for a night and below is ........What we were overlooking, stunning views.

20160714_145611_zpsklnbh91f.jpg

Stayed at Corfe Castle for 2 nights and did the ferry to Sand Banks then across to Brownsee Island for
a walk around and back to greet our friend.

20160716_112425_zps8efhmgfz.jpg

20160716_130314_zpsrhulexvj.jpg

And finally back home washed and sorted for Leopalooza in 2 weeks time. Bit of music . YES!

20160717_160237_zpsies3j78e.jpg

Two weeks gone by in a flash. Off down to Cornwall to LEOPALOOZA music festival.
Mission 2 nights and to catch KODALINE live on Sunday night. Mission accomplished.
Four of us ended up going. Myself and Pippa were joined by my son and his mate.
Picture proof:

received_1794364364125586_zps94zagdvx.jpeg

received_1794363967458959_zpsqvcvpbus.jpeg

received_10208574061021002_zpsujblcktg.jpeg

received_1794364127458943_zpsftnso7v7.jpeg

received_1794364200792269_zpss8avzqhv.jpeg

So great weekend had by all, saw and waved at as many busses as we could. Must have seen at least 10 loads of
late bays and one or two early's. The barefoot chef was in the car park but did not chat. 1 early crossover in the car park with him but that was all we saw there. Managed to pack up before the heavens opened at ten and rained all the way home, washed Boris in the rain and put him in garage wet, not ideal but not left in street.
Ball joints arrived late last week, so am hoping to have them in this or next week.

That's it for now , enjoy the week, Friday off this week yeah , short week.

J & P
:D :D :D

So, have the next four Friday's off because I have not taken enough leave.
No arguments from me as they have to be taken by end of August.
Managed two small jobs before the heavens opened and had to scurry inside.

20160805_151030_zps1v9mvnwh.jpg

First up was install a third safety belt in the rear so 5 can now be transported without to much worry.

20160805_151535_zpswt74oule.jpg

Not the best picture but you get the idea, new toy for a little more protection. Dash Cam installed, managed to
get the wiring behind the windscreen rubber and removed the three screws from the dash on the left to pop
the wiring behind the dash. Nice and neat.

Hoping for a trip out on Sunday, have a good weekend.

J & P

Finally got to do the what I thought was only 1 ball joint problem.!!!!

20160826_111101_zps6xxkltfo.jpg

20160826_111114_zpsiyievkcl.jpg

Turns out both sides needed doing. Fortunately I had bought four from the get go.

20160826_161242_zpsmfpnxt5w.jpg

20160826_161303_zpsldiqoewx.jpg

Had no idea it is such a big job, next time it goes to the pro's. The human suffering at the time and now as I write this is quite intense to say the least. Ripped skin , aching joints etc....................... :(
Well I guess the satisfying feeling that I managed to accomplish this with minimal help is a small bonus.
When putting it all back together and tightening it up it was only .02 out on one side and .07 on the other so
could not have had a better result .

Have an amazing Bank holiday peeps. Might even see you out there.

J & P

So the weekend came to pass and my son has been returned to university.
Boris fully laden for the trip on Saturday morning, and after delivery of said child
we drove to a camp site just outside a village called Rattery in Devon. Off the A38.
Called Ashbourne woods, it is wild camping to the max and a few creature comforts for
the likes of myself who needs a shower in the morning etc.....Facilities are ok and for an over night stop it
did the job. Up and gone by 10 we popped in to the Butterfly farm in Buckfastleigh for a gander.

20160918_085217_zpslsysbx1t.jpg

20160918_085204_zpswkcdmhdv.jpg

Boris keeping good company in the car park at the butterfly farm.

20160918_102251_zps4quscpek.jpg

20160918_105711_zpszzuaucsb.jpg

And some blurred proof , the humidity is high inside and yours truly does not take the best pic's.

Have a great week everyone.

J & P

Thanks for the kind words guys. Another trip planned for end of the month , then
time for a quite period I think. Steering needs to be checked as a clunking sound
could be heard over the weekend at certain points.

Have a great week all.

J & P

So the trip planned for the end of the month has come and gone :(
Camped at the campsite called Newbury in Coombe Martin north Devon.
Great little spot. Arrived Friday set up mooched around and planned the next day.

Woke up to lashing rain, :evil: :cry: Anyway donned all the gear and caught a bus
to Ilfracoombe and then proceeded to walk back on the coastal path. Rain ,sun and loads of wind
made for a different experience. Arrived back soaked inside the back pack but we were surprisingly
dry for the 6 mile walk. All in all a nice walk. Early to bed nicely exhausted and up early for the next
days walk out the other side of Coombe Martin for a 2 hour amble. Woke up Sunday to a beautiful day
packed up and then went for the final amble. An hour and a half , lunch , then back to the bus and the
trip home. Great weekend with Boris performing perfectly.

20160930_143400_zpsm5utcpjy.jpg

20160930_150813_zpsngyqjati.jpg

20161002_115312_zpssyab3ctc.jpg

20160930_171848_zpsm7dfawda.jpg

20161002_130636_zpstqwcrnsf.jpg

Had to have the obligatory refresher after the long walk. :lol: :lol:

Have a great week people.

J & P

Looks like a nice spot and happy you enjoyed the walks (and the English weather......) :)

So winter arrived and the outstanding jobs start.
Was going to download some photo's but Botophucket is not co operating , so it will have to wait.
Back asap.

J & P

Sooooooooooo have to change my photo keeping site!!!
Finally got to download photos and try and up date.
Pretty winter shot on my way to work, to get us started.

20161202_091126_zpsfnf6trgg.jpg

Had to remove my vs exhaust to get at an engine mounting bolt which I suspect has been stripped from the get
go and I only spotted it last year when I did the engine refurb. Was horrified at the price of new gasket set for exhaust
so have got all the materials for 1/4 of the price and will be making my own.

20161203_103634_zps6gsjqvwp.jpg

20161203_103656_zps6tuywzjy.jpg

20161203_103749_zpsh5zlfd7g.jpg

Not even going to attempt any more as this has just taken me a good 2 hours, for only 4 photo's :shock: :shock:
Well that's it for now, back after finding a better hosting site.

Have a great xmas and fantabulous new year everyone, it's so good to be back.

J & P

Fed up with that site to say the least. Glad you worked it out.

So this arrived in the post today with my throttle extra bits.
Straight onto the tree. Feeling honoured.

Did not think I would be back here so soon anyway have a great festive time.

20161221_173010_zpsja54hxxd.jpg

J & P

gas1man said:
Not even going to attempt any more as this has just taken me a good 2 hours, for only 4 photo's :shock: :shock:
Well that's it for now, back after finding a better hosting site.

Have a great xmas and fantabulous new year everyone, it's so good to be back.

J & P

you can host with us if you want, we have all flavors of joomla wordpress etc.

20161223_144832_zpsmllxsc34.jpg

hu7ak.jpg

I will try this again. So last night I composed a long and lengthy explanation only to loose it when submitting.
Do not know why.
So awhile ago I was on FB whilst we were having so much trouble on the site and we were discussing the horrors
of fuel leaking out of the tank due to gravity. Somebody and I don't remember who sent me a link and I
followed up and did some more research. Suffice to say these are compulsory in the racing fraternity in the USA.
I could not find anything close in this country. Pippa has an uncle in the states , so after some serious bargaining
I had the above delivered. Price including postage at the time was $76.00. This is I am told designed to stop gravity
loss of fuel but does not hamper the flow when being pumped. This remains to be seen and when installed I will report
back whether I wasted my time or not. Hope not looks a well made piece of kit.

Engine mounting still to be done and replace the exhaust after that the above.
Chat soon, HAPPY NEW YEAR.

J & P

So all my photographic evidence has been deleted from my Photobucket acc.
This is why I called it botophucket , apparently it has disappeared into the ether.
I still have all the photo's on my computer but to sit and download and then replace , will
take an eternity, so it is going to be minimalistic from now on which is a bit of a bugger as I do enjoy
this site and checking all the goings on. Enough moaning back to the scotch. :lol: :lol:

J & P

Latest posts