Boris

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well another weekend goes by without being able to go out in the bus :evil: :evil: :evil:
Did however give me the opportunity to stick the CO2 meter on the bus and set the choke properly.
Choke set and CO2 set to 2.3% and all is well. Moving daughter duties this weekend so no trips out but I am using the bus :D

Have a good week/end.( Forgot the photo's.)

J & P
:D :D :D

Well you missed out on getting webbed feet I reckon, we was down at Dubs on the beach at Paignton ish, damp you could say :mrgreen:

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,you did the right thing :mrgreen:

Yes I think you were right Ozzie, well new window winders arrived yesterday and installed. :D
Old one stripped the inner cog inside the handle. Driver side only so replaced both as they come in pairs
and inevitably the other will go the next week . :lol:

That's it for now.

J & P

If you got a good stock one, I`d stick with that mate. You got the other as a spare if needs be. Good chance the passenger one will be less worn.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,,,original is best :mrgreen:

And another weekend goes by without getting away :( :(
But on the bright side my daughter is now in her flat and Boris performed the moving duties.
At least I got to take him out for a drive. Pippa is now champing at the bit to get away. :lol: :lol:
Decorating duties this weekend :( :( Good news is my son returns from America on Saturday.
I have managed to twist his arm and bring home to DAD a intermittent wiper module that you can
only get from over there, cost was $72.00 He did ask if I wanted anything. :lol: :lol:
Anyway have a great week all.

J & P

Arrival of one of the many winter projects........... :lol: :shock: :shock: They seem to be mounting.

Managed a day out Sunday 2 weeks ago in the sun with Pippa and Boris

Stunning day and not a murmur from Boris. Pippa enjoying the sun and a picture of the stunning sea.

This weekend we were invited to a 50th bash in a field outside of Bristol .Spent Saturday getting ready and arrived at 5 .
Partied till 2am and then drove home Sunday morning . So on the way back I suggest that we pop in to a small car meet in our
little town. I say " we just have a quick look and park at the back as we are loaded and not showered from night before" ;)
Famous last words, turn in to property through the gate and find ourselves on the house front lawn in front of all to see.
Smooth ourselves down park up and jump out to be greeted by the Lady of the house. :shock: :shock:
Taken so off guard, introduce ourselves, donate to a worthy cause, chat to a couple of friends we know and then leave.
Nice end to the weekend except for the damn rain before putting Boris away. :evil: :evil: Not nice going to bed wet. :lol: :lol:

No pictures of this weekend , guilty I forgot. Enjoy the week all.

J & P

Down to Plymouth for the official last time, Graduation and all that.
3 Years have gone by so fast and Boris has not let us down once , even though I worried every time.
Drive down on Thursday night , Graduation on the Friday morning, lunch with the graduate and then left him to party. :lol: :lol:
Drove to Webbers caravan and camping in Exmouth and spent 2 nights with special friends and Buffy.(their camper).

The smiling one facing the camera is ours.(second from right) Such proud parents we both shed tears of happiness.

This is Buffy posing next to the classic dude.

The obligatory bus stop photo. :lol: :lol:

Finally something to post been to long.
Have a great week everyone.

J & P

Could not get down to the Breeze , other stuff apparently.
:lol: :lol: Household bits and bobs etc. Managed to get out to reset Boris' choke as per instructions.
Start all well so am pretty happy now that I have got the right setting.
Will have to take a video of engine running to try and ascertain the knocking noise.

Little bit of fiddling getting things ready for the winter, replacing the dash surround as the one I have is
painted white and the glare when driving is not good. Previous owner liked white paint inside :lol: :lol:

Have a good week all.

J & P

White dash - ouch.
Although great excuse to wear shades when driving!!

So the trickle of parts starts to arrive for the winter rebuild.
Stainless steel warm air tubes ,finally as the aluminium ones keep getting damaged. They say all you need is one ,
and that does both sides but I wanted to do the supply to the air filter, also they then look the same.
Peddle stop as mine is missing.

Have a good week.

J & P

A few more arrivals today.

4 of those pesky clips to keep the heater levers in place.
Rear main oil seal
Gearbox shaft oil seal
2 x castle nuts
4 x stainless brake hose clips
A steering damper and there is an oil seal on back order.

Going to be a long an arduous winter in the cold garage with no heating.

Have a good week all.

J & P

Good luck with all the work buddy - be worth it in the new year when your back out and about!
Get yourself a little convection heater for the garage - put it on a timer so its nice and toasty ready for you!

Latest posts