Bamboo parcel shelf !!

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T2 Brinky said:
struggling to post images let us know if it works an what you think

cheers
shelf.png

Cut the frame out of quite thick mdf then routted it, leatheret around frame then as it streches nice The shelf is carpet, stapled and screwd to the bottem of frame with a bead of black silicone round it to prevent from fraying.

Any more piccys of your creations folks, there must be 100's of templates floating around now?!

It looks as though you have to give paypal details to get access to the filedropper document now. Has anyone got a copy on their laptop they can email to me please?

Cheers.

Some interesting ideas and nice looking results.

Hate to be a party pooper but I have issues with some of these proposed shelf units.

What happens in an accident?

Theres a reason the ones sold through VW back in the day were made of rubber padded soft wire with a nylon mesh base.

Trikky2 said:

Hate to be a party pooper but I have issues with some of these proposed shelf units.

Theres a reason the ones sold through VW back in the day were made of rubber padded soft wire with a nylon mesh base.

I think I have bigger things to worry about if theres enough impact to move that shelf back into my legs.. like the rest of the front end following it and behind that a big immovable object..

superfunkyfresh said:
It looks as though you have to give paypal details to get access to the filedropper document now. Has anyone got a copy on their laptop they can email to me please?

Cheers.

Anybody with a copy to share could use https://www.dropbox.com/ instead. Totally free.

Delilahtoo said:
superfunkyfresh said:

Cheers.

Anybody with a copy to share could use https://www.dropbox.com/ instead. Totally free.

Someone please :D Could really do with a copy of this...

superfunkyfresh said:
Delilahtoo said:
superfunkyfresh said:

Cheers.

Someone please :D Could really do with a copy of this...

Hello, i'v save a copy on my desk, PM me your email adress, i'll send it

sorry for my bad english, i'm french ;)

Trikky2 said:

I agree - i have a solid oak shelf in mine that came with it from the states - but you'd only need a front end crush of less than a foot for it to chop your legs off.
if it wasnt there that sort of movement in the event of a smash should leave your legs intact.
I'm looking a t replacing mine with a crushable bamboo/vinyl flimsy one.

What you can do is partially cut through the front support on the back corner of the front support on the under side and then 1 good wack (ie you legs) will split it!!! 8) Make the centre section form say hardboard and this will also crumble :D

Thanks for the heads up dude!! Gunner re think my plan now and do the above!!!

Does anyone have a copy of the template they have finished with they could send me please? or did it ever get put somewhere where you can download it?
thanks
ash

Hi , quite new to this forum and a bit late on this thread but would anyone still have a template or file for these parcel shelf s please, thanks scott

PM me your email address Scott, I have a pdf file I can forward you.