a clonking sound ?

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
anyone know what sort of noise a ball joint makes when its on the way out? I've had 2 new ones recently but am I right in saying there are 4 altogether? I hope my bus isn't eating ball joints...

think I've found the problem!

The drivers side (LHD) shock is rattling on the lower shock mount bolt...hence when you go over little ridges in the road it rattles inside the shock lower hole. It looks to me as though it may have been fitted incorrectly as there is no washer etc...had new shocks about 12 months ago and the garage shall remain nameless for now. Going to get these check out tomorrow so I will let you know the score...

Anyone had this before?

ITS FIXED! My shocks sockets were all too big for the shock mountings...The garage put me new boge shocks on and they fit like a glove and no noise or clonking or anything...this is a first in my van!

If anyone wants the KYB GR2 shocks that came off my van I'll be putting a post on the parts for sale section...they are only about 12 months old.

Latest posts