72 Deluxe Stunt Truck (IMAGE HEAVY) LINKS WORKING

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theyorkiebar

Reaction score
I have a few buses at the moment and when this one popped up for sale, i had to have a look. It still retained its original 9 seater interior (minus the dicky seat up front) but from what the seller told me - had been camping when the handbrake failed, the van took off, hit a stump front on then rolled onto its passenger side.

There is ZERO rust in it and I couldnt say no.... I think it started life as a Beryl Green bus, before having a blue and white make over at some point in its life.

This is me picking it up:

Here is the crunchy side:

Interior:

The Seller did provide me with this fine selection of parts:

Shot of the original paint in the engine bay:

Worked on a rust free door I had, just to understand if it was Beryl Green:

Colour On:

Window In:

Lets offer it up and see how bad things are:

Lets try and get that B Piller out:

I then packed the van off to Indian Automotive in Penrith, New South Wales who removed the whole rear passenger side and replaced it with the light blue one in this pic:

Here it is getting grafted on:

Back home with a new cardboard window:

Red Oxide and Weld Thru UPOL primer:

Ordered one of these from VW Heritage:

Came really creased.... But they have been fanastic, considering I'm half way around the world:

While that was happening - Decided to remove the bulge from the front panel:

Needed to make the infill panels work:

I would'nt buy these again... i'd make my own.

Must not forget these:

Time to add the VW Heritage panel to the top half / front piece:

Getting there:

I need to add..... I havent welded before... The equipment is second hand and I have someone showing me the basics...

Lets get the straps out:

Pillar:

All welded up and dressed:

With the first coat of primer:

http://i887.photobucket.com/albums/ac74/harteattack/72%20Deluxe%20Microbus/IMG_7652_zps5z4yqfdm.jpg

And thats where i'm at!

I did just score this missing dicky seat in matching red vinyl!... so now it will be a 9 Seater again.....

This is how it came, and how I cleaned it up:

Fantastic project there matey, will watch with interest, great job on the red seats too - there was someone selling some on here a while ago (but in the UK so not much good to you!!) :D

Nice work and looks like its well on it's way to be road worthy again :)

Looks a nice project i'll be following, we used to live not far away from you in Werrington Downs

1dub said:
Looks a nice project i'll be following, we used to live not far away from you in Werrington Downs

Hey Mate,

I know Werrington Downs really well - use to go to St Mary's Senior High whilst living in Claremont Meadows before moving back to York in the UK.... and now back in OZ!

Here is a re-cap of how the side looked and how it looks now:

And here is a shot of the underside/floor/chassis (spy the little VW stamp):

Who likes sanding?!?!

I think this is the flatest I'm going to get this thing - considering I'm no panel beater or anything (I'm a desk monkey who works in IT) and i have the air intake area to tidy up:

Great work fella , looks like some proper graft has gone into that but a good save !

Well, its been a while since i posted... work, work and life... they all get in the way of a VW revival.

Here is the lowlight indicator housing with no holes for the indicator bracket...

I decided to try some of those Riv Nuts:

Here is the results:

Bracket installed:

With the cover on:

Time finally came to get some primer on...

Wet Sand:

There is literally ZERO rust in this car.... here are some shots of the Battery Trays:

Engine Bay Area:

And I bought these as an option to try when the time comes:

Hopefully will get in to top coat over the next couple of weeks.......

John

Hope you didn't knock her out with the fumes !!!!?? :shock:
Bus is looking well mind!!!
Excellent work, it's tiresome isn't it!!!

Latest posts