'69 Savannah Deluxe continued.....

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
leon said:
Nice work.
Saw your bus at camper jam, but missed meeting you. Rain stopped play. :roll:

Thought I saw you arrive :msn4: . Did you have trailer? You disappeared into the main camping area, we were in the early bay bit, not many of us there. Next time...

lemur said:
Tidy looking install! like the detail in the covered panel :)

Also can you post a link to that funky tent/awning in your first pic?, likey!

Cheers,
Liam.

That panel was the easy one. About an hour from start to finish. The steel plate in the engine bay took the time. I fabbed it from a piece of scrap lying around at work.

If you google 'Oztent' you'll find the UK distributor BOAB all the info's there. Best thing I ever bought, brilliant bit of kit. The wife and kids are camping in it as we speak and it (sort of) works as an awning. I'm going to get a couple of panels made up so it seals to the bus.

markevo30 said:
leon said:
Nice work.
Saw your bus at camper jam, but missed meeting you. Rain stopped play. :roll:

Thought I saw you arrive :msn4: . Did you have trailer? You disappeared into the main camping area, we were in the early bay bit, not many of us there. Next time...

Yes we had a trailer. arrived saturday so missed the lineup. Sure we'll meet up soon :D
We did early bay camping last year and it was the same and the pitches were small, hence why we did general this time.

71383e2178b24c99e169f1c455459c27.jpg

2f3d2d92b7d9db19ac0b0e2e6df17c9b.jpg

6316a9c461b2a96f647358c37b951eb3.jpg

Nice bit of camping at Bala Lake.

Solar panel not performing as it should. Maybe I shouldn't have camped behind a tree. :oops:

Butty's Bits throttle kit fitted. Has made an improvement to the feel of the pedal and has also stopped the issue of the throttle arm (?) on the carb not fully returning when lifting off the pedal.

Just an observation but the rod from the pedal seems to be to the right of the hole through the floor, is this how they all are?

Not quite finished but you can see the position of the rod not being central

Looking great! what colour is your roof? :mrgreen:

I think looking at your photo you need to rotate the rod so joint mounts from the other side should align it all correctly then . Balljoints on the ends should look away from each other if that makes sense .

butty said:
I think looking at your photo you need to rotate the rod so joint mounts from the other side should align it all correctly then . Balljoints on the ends should look away from each other if that makes sense .

Thanks Butty. So your saying i should mount the pedal balljoint on the other side of the tab on the pedal? This will certainly get the rod somewhere in the middle of the hole through the floor but then the two balljoints and the rod will be in slight 'Z' shape. I take it this would be ok?

On wedding duty yesterday. Got the bride to the church just in time.

Check out the illustration the brides dad did for them. Brilliant!

3310c7a4b04632848c2658e2caaef7d7.jpg

ac71152948a86050a3c5b67bf718c887.jpg

b82b5cd2310494dc6f5639c89b3444ec.jpg

a295d29ae99a5aa06b9a35b89fc3897f.jpg

7196ca5b176417f3062211bf1dab33a3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had great time at Busfest. Drank too much, spent too much, usual sort of stuff :p :mrgreen:

It was nice to see some familiar faces and meet some new ones.

The club camping was nicely tucked away in a corner but not too far from the main show - here's a few pics i took, not brilliant i'm afraid (but we all like a photo!).

EB camping

Random Stuff

Hi Mark was great to meet you and the family at busfest. It was our first time in club camping and had a really great weekend, met lots of new people..... Sorry if our dogs left a lasting impression on the kids!!! :lol:

Thought I recognised Gertie. Scroll down on this link http://www.bushtyres.co.uk/car-of-the-month.htm?year=2014" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gertie was our car of the Month!!

Matsui132 said:
Hi Mark was great to meet you and the family at busfest. It was our first time in club camping and had a really great weekend, met lots of new people..... Sorry if our dogs left a lasting impression on the kids!!! :lol:

Great to meet you and yours too. It's not the kids wanting a dog i've got to worry about it's Katie wanting a white Westy!. It's the headroom apparently. Like she needs it the short a@#e!

Catch you again,

Mark

Matsui132 said:
Thought I recognised Gertie. Scroll down on this link http://www.bushtyres.co.uk/car-of-the-month.htm?year=2014" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Gertie was our car of the Month!!

She gets around does Dirty Gertie! :msn4:

Latest posts