1970 Covair Microbus

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
just read thru the whole thread :)

very inspirational !

well done and good to see you enjoying the bus whilst still fixing it up

Cheers for comments, sledge now painted but think I will need to add floats to it the rate its raining all the time lol.

Went for our annual new years day BBQ at chasewater park cant understand why there wernt many people around,

Hope everyone had a good new years eve, and its back to work tomorrow for me, might have a go at building the landrover buddy seats as got material for them now.

All the best

been playing with some land rover buddy seats i got cheep on e-bay
as bought

almost done just need to fit in place

note the brick is not a permanent fitting lol

cost £1 + £15 postage
£12 for material
£5 for lining foam
couple of cans of paint
£8 for electric carving knife to cut foam to shape, (used old sofa cushions)
£120 for new sowing machine (couldn't get the old hand singer machine to work)
£6 for thread,
£4 for stapler
£8 for press studs and upholstery nails
(would have been cheeper to get someone to do it lol)
satisfaction of makeing them myself well worth it
just waiting for crap weather to ease to fit them now

got home today to 4 copies of camper and bus with my bus in well happy

cheers for the comments, photo shoot was under the Vulcan bomber at the Midland Air Museum as is just happened to be raining for a change!!

Opened my copy when I got in from work and thought I recognise that geezer :D
Top result 8)

Congrats pete! Recognised the bus straight off. An enjoyable read!

--------------------------------------Own a Bay?....... Feel the love!

cheers for the comments again, glad you liked it,

finally fitted buddy seats yesterday quite pleased with them.

Finaly got round to replaceing rear wheel bearings on sat, wasnt that bad a job, manuals would have you stripping it all down and useing a press and all that rubbish but all you have to do is remove the drive shaft and the drum and ur at it Simples lol
found the O/S hub nut wasnt tight still had the split pin in but it was loose, think last time i had the drums off was when i bought it 2 1/2 years ago, so made sure they were torqued up well and truely this time. took about 3hrs to do both sides and about £75 for bearings and seals.
found out will have to replace C/V gaiters sometime soon again as there cracking up (cheep crap rubber) so will put them on the shoping list along with a good quality steering joint as well.
thats all for now

Nice article in volksworld, like the norton :D I've still got the bike I passed my test on many moons ago a 65 matchless 500 single. Can't beat them I'll never get rid of it although I had to get rid of the sidecar due to lack of space :(

been a while since last post, just been enjoying driving bus when i can,

done a bit of work on my army dodge, replace 12 rear axle drag link ball joints that ive been meaning to replace ever since getting it 13 years ago, pig of a job but nice new old stock parts got from america still boxed and wax sealed, got to love the yank army for preserving parts,

anyway to Stamford photos

must say thought our turn out was great and what a good position for us

Been a while, still useing bus when I can, removed the silencer tips as was never sure if they cause to much restriction, just need to reset carbs as now its straight through cherry bombs, sounds a bit louder lol,
Picked up some more vintage junk at car boots, and also a Conway trailer tent. Just need time to try it out before a weeks family camping holiday next month.

Latest posts