Help identifying random loose wire

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

georgeyv

Reaction score
Evening all-

After having my fusebox out to install new relays and then repairing some damaged wiring after shorting out some connections I seem to have gained a loose wire- it's solid grey with no visible tracer- narrowest gauge and it is loose next to the fusebox- it then drops down the front panel in some conduit.

The wiring diagram shows solid grey to the indicators but it's
Thicker wire and is already attached - I can't get my head around where it's come from!

It's long enough to reach up to the dash cluster or onto one of the terminal blocks. Going by the diagram, I'm stumped!

One thought I had is that it could
Be from the buzzer relay? That seems to have a pin that's not plugged in to anything... But then I don't see how the spade connecter would fit? Just jam it into the hole before installing the relay? Last thing j want is more shorts and melted wires!

Only solid grey wires I can spot on the US wiring diagram (http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/info/wiring/bus_8_70_usa.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) are from fusebox to headlamp, or fusebox to headlight switch, pin 58...

Check to see if your front sidelights work. If they don't light up then try connecting the grey to the spare terminal on fuse 2 (which also has a grey wire with red trace on it).

Latest posts