Help With A Few Electrical Gremlins

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CPBerry2011

Reaction score
Hi.

Everything seems to be working ok on my bus after reconnecting all of the electrics after my resto but a few minor issues have surfaced that I hoped somebody with some knowhow might be able to help me diagnose and remedy.

1) When indicating, the instrument panel indicator arrow flashes right when indicating left. Why?!
2) My high beam light fails to work at all when the stalk is pulled. The blue light on the dash fails to illuminate and no action from the headlights. All soldered wire connections on the indicator stalk seem fine and the brass contact spades on the switch seem clean and are aligned. Wondering if it could be relay related?
3) I have no instrument cluster illumination..I have recently swapped switches although this was second hand og from the gatekeeper. Any pointers would be massively appreciated.

Cheers and have a good weekend everyone :)

Just had my bus electrics sorted by this guy
Iain from "Aircooled Auto Elec NW" fantastic job good price too, he will travel anywhere to fix your bus
Also makes and fits his own wiring looms, 240 hookup, duel charge systems, in fact anything to do with the electrics
contact him on his facebook page or give him a call on 07426 885507
You wont be disappointed

Vinvan

vinvan said:
Just had my bus electrics sorted by this guy
Iain from "Aircooled Auto Elec NW" fantastic job good price too, he will travel anywhere to fix your bus
Also makes and fits his own wiring looms, 240 hookup, duel charge systems, in fact anything to do with the electrics
contact him on his facebook page or give him a call on 07426 885507
You wont be disappointed

Vinvan
Yeah I have him booked in to fit an alarm next weekend and have already had him sort a few bits and pieces a few weeks ago. Top bloke and this will be put to him if I haven't sorted it by then. Cheers for your reply!

Hi
Could you do me a favor, if you sort out your problem (or Iain does) with your instrument cluster illumination problem could you let me know what the fix was as i have the same problem

Many Thanks

Bob (vinvan)

vinvan said:
Hi
Could you do me a favor, if you sort out your problem (or Iain does) with your instrument cluster illumination problem could you let me know what the fix was as i have the same problem

Many Thanks

Bob (vinvan)

Turned out to be dodgy bulbs. Replaced and works fine.

Chris.

vinvan said:
Hi

Many Thanks

Bob (vinvan)

Sounds daft - but it fooled me - the on/off pull knob rotates to dim - so make sure your not just set to dimmest setting !

Latest posts