Best stereo and speaker instal in a bay

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toffo24

Reaction score
Gents let's see your head unit and speaker installs so I can get some idea of what looks/ sounds the best in a baywindow bus tin top

Hi Pete,

As I didn't want to chop the westy interior about too much I went for this set up:

I don't run a head unit! (as it has an Oldschool working Craig radio/tape player)

Alpine V12 (360watt) amplifier running component Mid range and Tweeters with crossovers.
(Soundproofed Inner doors and behind kick panels with Dynamat Extreme.)
And an awesome 10" JBL Subwoofwoofer in a custom BuddyBoomBox!! :lol:

I can turn the amp on and off via a switch in the front so its not permanently on!

I currently have an Ipod/phone Jack running into split input (so it runs all 4 channels) straight off the amp which is mounted upder the buddy seat. (Long ass cable so can use Phone at the front or rear of the bus)

It sounds awesome. 8)

Only thing I would add at some point is some 3way speakers at the rear end of the bus. But as said I don't wanner chop it about!!
Maybe a bridged 2nd amplifier running the 3ways mounted into a custom suitcase at the rear. 8) (Or take down the original top Headbanger shelf and build a replica and mount them in there?!)
And a Basstube (Bazooker) under the westy R&R bed so its all removable!? 8)

Imo, Mids and tweets front, 3way rears and a subwoofer in the middle boxed in neatly is my perfect set up (For my needs!). 8)

If I had a blank canvas to play with: (None OG interior)

Head unit or Media control unit (Alpine) running Mids and tweets front, 3way speakers rear, with a 300watt amp running a 10" sub built into a buddy seat.
Or Headunit, 300watt amp running x2 sets of mids and tweeters (Front and rear) and a 1000watt amp running 2x10" Kickass Subs boxed in under the R&R Bed! :party0023:
(Sound activated Neons Pete!!!? 8) :lol: ;) )
:rocknroll:

Sound on a computer duznt do it justice I'm afraid :!:

Clip1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2pXJOjTybc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sorry if you don't like Rage!!! 8)

Clip2:

Dire Straits...... 8) :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TD2gkAKKxCg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Still a kick ass tune......imo! :msn4:

Pioneer head unit with blue tooth phone and usb inputs
Vibe Blackair 6" components in the kick panel with the tweeters on the dash
Vibe Blackair 6x9" in the rock n' roll kick panel
Vibe 4-channel amp
Sounds pretty dam good to me and get plenty of bass from the 6x9's as they are kinda in a good enclosure.
More than enough for the bus ;)
Just needs a bit of sound deadening sorting behind the kick panels to finish it off
Cheers
Al
PS: All runs off the leisure battery to play safe!

Pioneer head unit
Vibe component speakers up front with separate tweeters
In the back Vibe blackair 6x9s in soundproofed boxes and Vibe blackair 12" active sub in vented enclosure
Then a combination of slientcoat and dodomatt sound deadening and some extra foam on interior panels

I think sounds pretty good, takes a bit of tweaking to get the eq right with the sub.

IMHO Its all in the sound proofing, can make the crappiest of speakers / stereo sound good :D

Pioneer mids and tweets in the front powered by a Fli fu360 (cos it was cheap, not the best!) and a 10" JBL sub in a sealed enclosure under the RR bed powered by an FLI FL1200M (cheap again!).

Head unit is a TUVVA KSD7843B(amazon), because I needed something with all the outputs to allow playing of films from USB to the TV in the roof and sound through the speakers in the bus.. The alternatives for me were £600+ Alpine units from what I remember..

Speakers in the front are mounted on MDF panels with brackets off some bits under the dash so I didn't have to cut the kick panels..

Sent from my Siswoo C55 using Tapatalk

i have a pioneer 7inch app/dvd player in the dash (as it was already cut so found something to fit.
using a pair of pye sp86 shef speakers behind the front seats at the mo.
not got round to doing a proper install yet.

Latest posts