SLOFF

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ozziedog

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heading up to Slough next Sunday for the swap meet , not sure who’s going or in what. Let’s try and get organised. I guess there’s a few from Bristol going.
First then , what time is it, and who’s going so we can work some times and pick up places or even meet up places. I’m toying with the idea of taking my van if that works for everyone plus weather dependant, not keen on driving him about if it’s lashing down. Apparently it’s at a racecourse and some are going up the night before and camping overnight, not sure I can be arsed with that but I’m easily persuaded as we all know. What time will we have to leave?

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,, tenner on the door, and cash preference too.

Heading up to Slough next Sunday for the swap meet , not sure who’s going or in what. Let’s try and get organised. I guess there’s a few from Bristol going.
First then , what time is it, and who’s going so we can work some times and pick up places or even meet up places. I’m toying with the idea of taking my van if that works for everyone plus weather dependant, not keen on driving him about if it’s lashing down. Apparently it’s at a racecourse and some are going up the night before and camping overnight, not sure I can be arsed with that but I’m easily persuaded as we all know. What time will we have to leave?

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,,, tenner on the door, and cash preference too.
I hope you're wrong, I've booked a table at the Swap meet, but I'm going on the 26th November.

For us West Country folk, its now 40 miles closer :D but, I would say its a much much better event that the last days of Slough.

For us West Country folk, its now 40 miles closer :D but, I would say its a much much better event that the last days of Slough.
Definitely better than the last few events at Slough and Bracknell.
Not sure if there's "camping", as the racecourse only lets traders in on the Saturday to set up and then leave.

Some of the LateBay crew seem to have an arrangement with a fairly local pub that’ll allow them to park up in their car park on a drinking in there and eating in there sort of basis.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,, camping in November ? Maybeee not :)

Hi I was planning to sleep overnight in the van. Do I take it that is not allowed?

Granite
Hi Grant, I’ve no idea what the protocol is. Sparkywig will definitely know a lot more about what happens there as he’s been before I believe. But he does mention ^^^ that the racecourse will allow you in on the Saturday to set up then leave. So I just don’t know. I’ll have a litt look on the LateBay to see if I can learn anything.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,,maybe . :)

Hi Grant, pop over to the LateBay and have a look at their events page where they’ve got several traders going and one person talking about camping the night before and has contacted the Slough personnel and got a reply.

Ozziedog,,,,,,,,, go have a sneaky peaky :)

Latest posts