Splines in steering wheel

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ibérico

Reaction score
I thought I had a nice spare steering wheel for the day my old one started looking really shabby and cracked....after finally borrowing a gooood puller from a mate I maged to remove my current steering wheel! :shock: it had taken a lot of cursing and banging and wd40 and what not...
The long awaited moment Came, I took my "new " steering wheel..and the splined hole was too small :?
I understood late bays has a bigger splined hole, or so I thought...
I also believed earlybays were splined holes were the small ones....
Mine is a 72crossover

Ok, so here is the question....how many types of steering wheel splines are there?
Is 72 a one off year for these?
I m probably going tobuy a new woodrim instead, but I really dont want to make a mistake with the boss....(not the wife!) ... :lol:

Iberico,
Bit of a pain you have there with the splines, My friends sell a lot of steering-wheels and the cross-over is always a bind. It would be to your advantage to give Phil or Andy a ring or an E-mail at wolfburghclassicparts and they'll put you right on what you need.

Cheers for the advice on the Audio unit, I'll be getting one of those.

ibérico said:
I thought I had a nice spare steering wheel for the day my old one started looking really shabby and cracked....after finally borrowing a gooood puller from a mate I maged to remove my current steering wheel! :shock: it had taken a lot of cursing and banging and wd40 and what not...
The long awaited moment Came, I took my "new " steering wheel..and the splined hole was too small :?
I understood late bays has a bigger splined hole, or so I thought...
I also believed earlybays were splined holes were the small ones....
Mine is a 72crossover

Ok, so here is the question....how many types of steering wheel splines are there?
Is 72 a one off year for these?
I m probably going tobuy a new woodrim instead, but I really dont want to make a mistake with the boss....(not the wife!) ... :lol:

Have you not seen the boiling water trick on camper van crisis, I was dubious myself but it does actually work 8)

Latest posts