• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Z HINGES WANTED PUT YOUR NAME DOWN HERE

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ddffrost

Reaction score
Hi,

If you want some of these Z Hinges to convert your Microbus into a camper please put your name down here.

Yep - I'd like some please - though this would depend on how compatible the mech' is with rear seat belts as we will be fitting rear belts for our kids.

Any early estimates on prices?

Hi,

managed to get my hands on a original set

and have a guy to make some copies all lined up!

What do you guys think a decent price is as i dont want to have like 10 sets made up if no one will be prepeared to buy them!

i was thinking about £60 - £100 would be reasonable?

Dave

Have you thought about selling just the plans as well, maybe a fiver to cover your pocket/buy you a beer?! 8)

Hi,

Thats a possibility but we'll have to see how it all goes!

Watch this space.

Should have about 20 copies ready in a month or so all being well.

As soon as we have a set off the press i'll post a pic but were hoping to do this properly so could be a month or so.

Cheers

Dave

Also people of this site who put there name down now will get them at discount!

Cheers

Dave

Put me down for some.
Im thinking of ditching my R&R bed and getting my hands on some microbus seats. Quick question tho.

When the z bed is in 'bed' position, does it lay flat with the rear cargo area?
Any ideas if the hinges could be modified in a way so that the seat raises a few inches?
that way you could have foam above the engine and the rest of the seat lines up with it.

rob-stone said:
Put me down for some.
Im thinking of ditching my R&R bed and getting my hands on some microbus seats. Quick question tho.

When the z bed is in 'bed' position, does it lay flat with the rear cargo area?
Any ideas if the hinges could be modified in a way so that the seat raises a few inches?
that way you could have foam above the engine and the rest of the seat lines up with it.

hi,

yer the seats end up flat with the cargo area! but to be honest i dont think it would be to comfy just sleeping straight on them seen as they have a break in them which is quite hard.

i'm planning on having a two foam pull out from the cargo area which will rest over the seats and cargo area!

Dave

Rob it should lay at the same level as the cargo floor and the idea is you roll out a futon or the likes across the seat and cargo floor...

that way your not sleeping on the bench seat which would prove damned uncomfortable if you have a standard bench...

most people i've spoken to so far use a double inflatable mattress although i hate the things but might be a cheap and qucik fix!

Latest posts