• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Early Bay and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

PLS DELETE MODS thanks

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That looks mint!

and is now on my wish list, just below a propex heater :)

Thats true, but i havent got any thing to tow at the moment, but i have got something i need to keep warm lol

Awesome.........what I've been waiting for, will mail you in the next 2 weeks to order.....you say payment in advance.....paypal?

Dean
That looks cracking and long over due. The number of times you see posts about early tow bars. I ended with a wrong bar and had one made and fitted in St Albans in the end ... now if only I'd waited a few more months ... good luck with getting the numbers
David

Cracking work grommet.

I will be up for one when funds allow, which will probably be after Christmas. :D

deano

I have only ever seen one westy bar before that was on Dubberdaz'a van and that looks the same, I just need to convince the mrs that it is better than what we have

BTTT

Dean , Great work, I've just fitted a genuine one of these, great fit, nice and tight to the bumper. However I had to do a 500 mile round trip to collect as they are chickens teeth.

Anyway some pics of mine fitted for those interested in Dean's fine work

camper68013.jpg

camper68014.jpg

camper68015.jpg

camper68016.jpg

camper68017.jpg

Hi, very interested and collection from Tamworth is not a problem.

But can they be fitted on a 72 crossover with a Monza four tip ?

Thanks

As you can see in the above photos the bumper retaining brakets are just bolted to the towbar. these are simply spaced outwards about 20mm I think , to allow the brackets to mount up to the 72 bumper . And running a monza 4 tip You ought to be shot for the Crime :lol: Seriously the monza doesnt protrude past the rear valance and the towbar doesnt protrude towards the valance so i dont see why not Tbh

Gadget :D

Gadget Boy said:
As you can see in the above photos the bumper retaining brakets are just bolted to the towbar. these are simply spaced outwards about 20mm I think , to allow the brackets to mount up to the 72 bumper . And running a monza 4 tip You ought to be shot for the Crime :lol: Seriously the monza doesnt protrude past the rear valance and the towbar doesnt protrude towards the valance so i dont see why not Tbh

Gadget :D

Being a big boy I can cope with the Monza 4 tip abuse :lol:

Maybe you could give me the pertinent dims so that I can measure the clearance.

I noticed you need to order twenty for the fabricator to make them, are tghey made yet ? If not when will they be available ?

is there any chance i can buy just the end peices as i all ready have an original center section

Alright dude, long time no see!

am i right in thinking these wont fit with a single quiet pack exhaust? one of my customers is very interested in one.

Thanks

Hi,

Will it fit a 1972 crossover ?

Assuming for a moment that it will I am interested but being a sceptic and having been caught by others being too trusting I am concerened about sending you £195 for something that you cant tell me when its likely to be ready for collection.

Obviously you maybe much more trustworthy than the bank or MP's but obviously we dont know each other so Im worroied about sending you the money and your worried about me ordering it and not collecting/paying for it and being stuck with more towbars than orders.

Hoping you have a solution I look forward to your reply.

ymfb said:
Hi,

Will it fit a 1972 crossover ?

Assuming for a moment that it will I am interested but being a sceptic and having been caught by others being too trusting I am concerened about sending you £195 for something that you cant tell me when its likely to be ready for collection.

Obviously you maybe much more trustworthy than the bank or MP's but obviously we dont know each other so Im worroied about sending you the money and your worried about me ordering it and not collecting/paying for it and being stuck with more towbars than orders.

Hoping you have a solution I look forward to your reply.

I understand you being sceptic, let me just say i've known mr Gadget for a few years and would say he's very trust worthy plus if you look at his involvement in the VW scene(early Bays especially) you'll know he's in it for the right reasons and would not want to get a bad name for the sake of a few hundred quid...

but then you don't know me either so maybe this doesn't help much :lol:

I dont think this will fit my bus as it wont clear the exhaust, unless someone knows better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts