Single cab project Part 1

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dagboyblue

Reaction score
Hi

thought i'd give you the first pics of my 1970 (maybe 69) single cab resto

thanks to Classycampers for the truck and sorting loads of bits - great service recommend using him!!! :lol:

I will keep you posted as I go along
DSCN7221-1.jpg

DSCN7222.jpg

Image038.jpg

Image019.jpg

Image022.jpg

Image023.jpg

Image031.jpg

Image032.jpg

Image030.jpg

so thats whats keeping you busy....miss my pick up, just makes me wanna go buy one....having a look at a bug in the morning that will keep me occupied for a bit ...will then have to move as i need a bigger drive!!
8) 8)

slammedresto - whens the next meet, might be able to bring the crossover and the truck

my mates got a lovely stock RHD 71 westy - and is itching to show it off, its mint

Flynster - know the feeling about the drive, I'm moving so i can get the bays off the road, nothing like a wacking great mortgage to support the bays :lol: - trying to decide what one i will put the SCAT shifter on :lol:

D

dagboyblue said:
slammedresto - whens the next meet, might be able to bring the crossover and the truck

my mates got a lovely stock RHD 71 westy - and is itching to show it off, its mint

D

1oth April Chelmsford meet

details here

http://www.splitterz.co.uk/members/calendar.php

Finally got the SC through MOT - with flying colours :lol:

list of things added

general welding - lock up floor, drivers side inside arch, cab floor
new drive shafts
new shocks
new disc brake system
new bespoke handbrake and accelerator looms
re wired through out
new master cylinder
new brake reservoir
new starter
complete steering coloumn including indicator assembly and starter
engine refurb - dizzy, leads etc
new windowscreen
new rear lights
new engine mounts welded into engine bay
lowered on adjusters - 4/5" on frant, 2 notches on rear
polished 16" porsche flat dish wheel set

will get pics up ASAP - its been a right pain in the arse, but worth it, I am really happy :lol:

stu looking forward to seeing this in the flesh at some point.....you`ve done loads by the sound of it fella
get them pics up dood :lol: :lol:
ste :mrgreen:

cheers mate - it's def left me low on the old cash flow, bigger job than i Thought :(

all good, another early on the road - take you for a spin when we meet next

its even got a shocking pink engine (don't ask, ebay purchase to get it on the road - needs must)

dagboyblue said:
61 stu

just saw your delux - uber cool dude, heard you are hitting it with the slamming stick

get the pics up asap

cheers mate, yep its getting a good twatting with the stick, hopefully next week ideally to the same height as yours, your pickup looks the absolute nuts.
Photo00141.jpg

Soon to be a similar height to your single :D

n711622912_1106855_4230.jpg

Latest posts