my 68 delux

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dubbedup67

Reaction score
i bought this little beauty from a guy on here.
bought and shipped all the way from california

here she is on the day i picked her up from the shippers
IMG_9962.jpg

IMG_9972.jpg

IMG_9984.jpg

and after a good clean both inside and out
DSCF1580-1.jpg

DSCF1583.jpg

DSCF1584.jpg

DSCF1593.jpg

and heres how shes looking now,changed headlamps over to RHD spec and other bits and bobs

DSCF1604.jpg

DSCF1605.jpg

cheers for the comments guys
im leaving her just how she is,all be it with a good slam job in the very near future.

i need some interior ideas mind so any ideas are welcome

Ok av got some bad news and some good news.

The bad news is that I've had my m8 round today who's far more experienced on bays n he's had a good poke round her.she needs a bit more welding work than I thought:(

The good news is that I've priced it all up and it's m
Not that much so panels should be on their way soon.

Has put back the back on road time back a bit tho.

Analog said:
looks good,

i have a question, how has this got a kansas back plate and a colorado front? but came from california?
It looks odd doesn't it.
Well she was origionally from kansas n the moved to Colorado.she was then bought by the guy who sold me her in Cali,but never registered it for California.

Whilst I was clearing her out I found a massive wad of previos service history dating back to 1997,she's been everywhere,
Kansas,Seattle,Washington,new England,Colorado n then California.

Nice bus mate i saw this bus at darrens lock up when i was over there looks 10 times better now you have buffed it,i will look forward to watching this thread.

Barkafer said:
Yo Matt, nice to see you on here dude! :D Got any of the new metal welded in yet?

ello dude,its on here i found this little beauty.:D
not yet,gettin the panels when i get paid at the end of the month then shes off 2 the welders.
ib-bus said:
You are missing a wiper arm 8) , you got PM.

pm replyed to dude.:)

Rusty Lee said:
Nice bus mate i saw this bus at darrens lock up when i was over there looks 10 times better now you have buffed it,i will look forward to watching this thread.

hey man,you must be the lee darren told me about.nice to meet you....sort of.lol

i do agree she looks loads better now ive got all the de oxydised paint off,still need to t cut her tho,theres still some excess paint coming off.

hello mate hope it was good things he was saying ha.i concidered buying it but i already had one to pay the shipping on so opted out.looks like you are doing it justice though.

Rusty Lee said:
hello mate hope it was good things he was saying ha.i concidered buying it but i already had one to pay the shipping on so opted out.looks like you are doing it justice though.
Haha yes it was don't worry.
Oh don't worry dude,I will be definatly doing her justice,booked in at the welders for 2week time.:D

Rusty Lee said:
look forward to seeeing the progress mate.plenty of pics i hope.
oh yes im a bit of pic feind. :lol:

heres a couple after a bit of playing around.
my rough idea for sign writing
dorothysign.jpg

and my overall plan.
may change slightly
Untitled-1copy.jpg

having running issues at the mo,turns over but wont fire??

Coool graphics Matt. Have you had her running yet? give her a good service and treat her to a new set of points n condenser, plugs, leads, dizzy cap and rotor and maybe a coil. you know it makes sense :D
and put some petrol in too ;) i hear these things like petrol :lol:
oh, and new fuel lines and clean the tank out if she's been standing a long time :)