Major Fuel Leak! - Possible 'Firetec' Group Buy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r73

Reaction score
Well a mixed start to the New Year. loaded up the bus with the kids and the mrs met up with the bro in law and his family with his van and off we go for the first drive of 2011. been going about 10 mins and i notice a strong smell of fuel and the genny light on - bro flashing me like mad behind as well. I swith off and pull over fast, and get the kids and mrs out and away from the bus quick time - armed with the fire extinguisher i open the engine lid.

The belt had snapped and sheared the fuel line off the outlet on the mech pump - close one :ghoul:

All i'll say is - lucky i connected the heater pipe under the bus cos thats what made me smell the fuel so quick - and lucky there were no sparks from HT leads, cap, coil etc.

Looking at the fuel pump outlet, i'm not sure theres too much i can do - it points straight out at an angle towards the path of a flying fan belt. maybe i can undo it and turn it clockwise a tad?

chucked a new belt on and mended the fuel line roadside and set back off to find somewhere good to stop and have a proper strong cuppa.

FIRE DRILL WENT WELL THOUGH!

jesus that was close.another group by on the firer techs i reckon.

crikey close call ,

i'd be up for the firtec group buy

regards
chris

about 15 interested parties......you could try a combined latebay/earlybay purchase to get numbers up but the savings can be bloody good if numbers are good

I did a group buy at the end of 2009 and happy to try and sort out another one although I do know that the late bay one have done one fairly recently,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Graham im up for it and im sure we could muster up enough peeps surely.money well spent in my mind.safety first

I'm up for one in a group buy, was thinking about getting one and this made my mind up.

so i guess if graham would be kind enough to sort it we will get one rolling.

Guys

Let me see if I can get hold of Firetec and see what the latest pricing structure is, shame the VAT goes up tomorrow as they have VAT on them!!

yeah shame about the vat - thanks for looking into it buddy

Rusty Lee said:
Analog said:
i could be interested if the price is right

the price is always right if it saves lives or your van. :D

This is my thinking now, its a good piece of insurance "just incase" the worst luck happens.

Latest posts