Major Fuel Leak! - Possible 'Firetec' Group Buy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Graham, if you want to start a new thread when you have the details, i'll make it a sticky till you get your numbers.

Analog said:
Rusty Lee said:
Analog said:
i could be interested if the price is right

the price is always right if it saves lives or your van. :D

i knew someone would say that, but you still have to have the money to buy it in the first place. :|

I know mate it all mounts up spending on these vans doesnt it.if you can afford it i would say its a must.

Lee....

OK, I've started correspondence with Tim at Firetec, hes going to come back to me with prices in the next couple of days but I'll chase if he doesn't. In the past the extinguishers have always been delivered to one central location for collection, apparently the late bay boys had them sent out individually at extra cost but this dis cause some problems from what I understand.

I'll let you know once I have more info and prices,

Again if the price is right I will join too. It is possibly the scariest thing and never want to experience it!!

Cheers and well done!

Will

I'm interested. Only problem is collection as I don't really get to any shows to meet up with someone to pick up so I need to have it posted really.

Going back to the original topic an electric fuel pump would eliminate the mechanical one so it wouldn't be in the way of a snapped belt. Also I have a fuel shut off valve fitted near the tank which cuts the fuel as soon as the ignition is turned off stopping the tank from gravity feeding the fire if there is one.

Also routed through a remote switch for added security.

Matt.

Frisco69 said:
I'm interested. Only problem is collection as I don't really get to any shows to meet up with someone to pick up so I need to have it posted really.

Going back to the original topic an electric fuel pump would eliminate the mechanical one so it wouldn't be in the way of a snapped belt. Also I have a fuel shut off valve fitted near the tank which cuts the fuel as soon as the ignition is turned off stopping the tank from gravity feeding the fire if there is one.

Matt.

I reckon i was very unlucky that the belt ripped a fuel line in two - and obviously if the ignition is killed so is the flow of fuel from the tank. but i have twin 40's and whats in the lines is enough to do some damage. having said that you can get one valves fitted to the carbs to stop them draining back.

The real point is - when do you realise you have a fire?? i only knew there was a problem cos i smelt fuel coming through the heater pipe and the ignition light came on and my mate was flashing me. I could have easily not realised till it was too late.
Hopefully none of us will ever need to use a fire extinguisher - but i'd rather have a safety net in place. to be honest for those worried about the cost - its got to be a selling point - or could be moved to the next camper easy enough.
I just look at the cost like an insurance policy

r73 said:
Frisco69 said:

Matt.

I reckon i was very unlucky that the belt ripped a fuel line in two - and obviously if the ignition is killed so is the flow of fuel from the tank. but i have twin 40's and whats in the lines is enough to do some damage. having said that you can get one valves fitted to the carbs to stop them draining back.

The real point is - when do you realise you have a fire?? i only knew there was a problem cos i smelt fuel coming through the heater pipe and the ignition light came on and my mate was flashing me. I could have easily not realised till it was too late.
Hopefully none of us will ever need to use a fire extinguisher - but i'd rather have a safety net in place. to be honest for those worried about the cost - its got to be a selling point - or could be moved to the next camper easy enough.
I just look at the cost like an insurance policy

I did get the point first time. Just thought it was worth mentioning the shut off valve as an added measure.

no, the fuel shut off is a great idea - as theft prevention as well!
do you know where these can be bought? there was someone on ebay doing them a while back but havent looked recently

I got mine off ebay but I've just looked and I can't find it. It must be a couple of years ago that I bought mine so maybe he's stopped selling them.

Latest posts