Restoration recommendations Cheshire

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kempy

Reaction score
Can anybody please recommend a reputable and trustworthy person/business to carry out some sympathetic welding & paintwork on my 68 bay.

The bus is loaded with Patina retaining its original paint. The repairs required are to the inner and outer lower front sections. The bodywork has already been cut back.

These need welding back and blown back in to match as best the original paint.

I have used the VDub Bodyshop in the past and may use again as Dave's welding is to the highest standard. Unfortunately since Damion left they no longer paint in house, therefore, I'm ideally after a one stop shop for both.

Thanks

Hi Mike, what about Creative Coachworks in Wem?

I haven't had them do any work for me, but in the early stages of my resto (when I lived near Nantwich) their main man Alan came round on a Saturday morning to give me a quote and after looking at some of the work I had already done talked me into doing all the welding myself. He spent a good hour with me giving me tips on how to do things - absolutely top guy.

7 years on and I still haven't finished the welding! mainly due to work, looking for NOS panels or good cuts, teaching myself as I go and having 2 years off when my son was born. It's going to be ready for paint in 6 months and I am seriously considering taking it to them for the paint.

Cheers

Andy

These guys are in Oswestry:

http://www.wrigleysaircooled.co.uk/contact.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Haven't used them personally but Scottie got his bus from them so ask his advice :)

Harry UK said:
These guys are in Oswestry:

http://www.wrigleysaircooled.co.uk/contact.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Haven't used them personally but Scottie got his bus from them so ask his advice :)

This was an experience of one of our local club members EB van from the above company? (work now being redone after 18months) :( So caution maybe needed....

Can't recommend Midland Paintwerks enough.

Stuart and Drew proper sorted my '69 and everywhere she goes ( so far still have possession ) i don't get a minutes rest from all the other campers mooching round it,taking pics etc,takes an age to set up camp,although it doesn't go anywhere in the wet,garaged 24/7 when not in use :lol: and the last 2 years have been dogged with engine woes.( THAT'S DOGGED NOT DOGGING ) so camp sites have been a distant dream.

The paint was applied in 2011 and so far so good,mind it's that good i hate leaving it in car parks for fear of damage,the family moan that i park in the furthest bay on the end from the store :lol: :lol: :lol:

sharky71 said:
Can't recommend Midland Paintwerks enough.

Stuart and Drew proper sorted my '69 and everywhere she goes ( so far still have possession ) i don't get a minutes rest from all the other campers mooching round it,taking pics etc,takes an age to set up camp,although it doesn't go anywhere in the wet,garaged 24/7 when not in use :lol: and the last 2 years have been dogged with engine woes.( THAT'S DOGGED NOT DOGGING ) so camp sites have been a distant dream.

The paint was applied in 2011 and so far so good,mind it's that good i hate leaving it in car parks for fear of damage,the family moan that i park in the furthest bay on the end from the store :lol: :lol: :lol:
+1 :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

My van is currently with Drew and Stu, I can't recommend them enough. They are re-working some shocking repairs that were carried out elsewhere and have been amazing, constantly giving fantastic advice. The quality of their work is superb.

Latest posts