You got to love a white Westy

Early Bay Forum

Help Support Early Bay Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This restoration is the dogs .......
Envious is not the word. I wish at times I could work to this standard.

Like so many others on this site the level of workmanship is subliminal.
Keep up the good work.

J & P
:D :D :D

I’m playing with the same wheels. Have you figured out or chosen a tire size for the rear? I put on a 205-60 to try but it bulges out too much and rubs the lip.

Dogo said:
I’m playing with the same wheels. Have you figured out or chosen a tire size for the rear? I put on a 205-60 to try but it bulges out too much and rubs the lip.

Me too. 16” staggered ones I’m finding impossible.

Heebee_GB said:
Dogo said:

Me too. 16” staggered ones I’m finding impossible.

I’ve got 15x7 (exactly as posted in pics above) I’m thinking that unless I go with a tire that will have some stretch, I don’t think it would fit and not rub on fender’s lip. It’s a fine line between proper diameter, not looking too skinny and not too much sidewall bulge

Ah, yes. The 25mm narrow is what saved you. I have the same setup as you do but not narrowed.
In the pics you posted of the rim without tire it looks very close to the lip, so it didn’t look like you had a narrow rear end.
Did you narrow by cutting torsion housing, or by a different method?

Dogo said:
Ah, yes. The 25mm narrow is what saved you. I have the same setup as you do but not narrowed.
In the pics you posted of the rim without tire it looks very close to the lip, so it didn’t look like you had a narrow rear end.
Did you narrow by cutting torsion housing, or by a different method?

The first photos without tire is the rear not narrowed. I think a small tire (185/65/15 stretched) will work! I like the fat tire look more 😊 so narrowing is next! The photo with the tire (205/65/15) is the hub placed 25mm back. Im now going to design a horse shoe with a narrowed hub from a T25.

K@rlos said:
mychatype3 said:
K@rlos said:
Is that a non dog-house fan housing?

Hello mate, i dont understand ☺️ Non dog-house?

No twin port oil cooler on the back?

Okay, Yes indeed. On advice of the master (Mr. Webb) no oil cooler on the block, more air for the cylinders. Big 48row cooler between chassis with remote fan.

Latest posts